Chapter 33 - Family

They tested to change the appearance of Fier's body, and it was successful. An hour has passed, and they were still testing its capabilities but Oxford decided to halt it when he noticed the time displayed at the top of his phone's screen. He placed the phone, not his main one, on the coffee table, next to the laptop and looked at Ray then to the robot. Ray wasn't looking at him when he was removing the cable from the laptop and Fier also unplugged the cable. Ray only looked up at Oxford when he noticed that the penthouse was filled with silence.

"Here is your ticket.", said Oxford as he handed the ticket to Ray. "Now... Since the problem has been solved... Shall we do some groceries?", he then questioned right after.

"We ca-"

"Can I come?", Fier interrupted Ray all of sudden.

Both men turned their heads to the robot who was looking at them as he held his hands together. Oxford's head was tilted slightly when he was staring at the robot but when he turned to face Ray, he straightened it.

"What do you think?", questioned Oxford to Ray.

"You're the boss.", said Ray whilst looking directly into his eyes.

The man sighed and then nodded at the two when he placed his hands on his waist. Ray stood up and grabbed the remote from the table and then handed it to Oxford before he forgets it. Oxford tapped on the screen which changed Fier's appearance from a robot to a human. Ray first checked if everything is working correctly before he and the robot followed Oxford who was waiting for them outside the penthouse, holding the door open for them.

"I like how he's already wearing shoes and some clothes.", spoke Oxford as they stepped inside the elevator.

They then stepped out from the elevator when they arrived at the lobby. Ray thought that they are going to use a taxi to the grocery store, but he noticed that Oxford didn't walk straight to the front foyer but instead went to the opposite direction, which leads to his garage filled with vehicles like supercars, pickup trucks, sedans and even SUVs. Ray glanced at Fier who was walking next to him when Oxford grabbed a key from one of the cabinets near the door which leads back to the lobby. The design of the cars are different compared to the cars that are being driven in the streets. Oxford approached a sedan, an Audi A8. Its color is brilliant black which is so reflective but shiny.

"How come your vehicles are different from the world?", Ray let out a question after he fastened his seatbelt, he chose to sit next to the drive while Fier sat behind Oxford, who is the driver.

"It's our secret.", replied Oxford when he started the engine and then left the garage smoothly.

It only took them half an hour before arriving at the grocery store. Ray was the first one to get out from the sedan while Fier was the second, he also grabbed a push-cart when they entered the building. Oxford was following behind them, to make sure that they won't get separated. The store wasn't crowded when they walked in, but when their cart is half-filled, the amount of people has doubled for no apparent reason. Oxford noticed that Ray and the robot were just watching him pick up items from the shelves. They were also quiet at the moment, but Oxford broke it.

"I feel uncomfortable.", announced Oxford when he was searching for something from the shelves.

"What do you feel?", Ray questioned not knowing that it is a code for Oxford and Fier.

"It is a secret message that we made up, it means that he knows that we are just watching him.", said the robot to Ray.

Ray glanced at the robot. "I see...", he said. He then walked up to Oxford asking, "Need some help?"

"No thanks, besides we're already done.", replied Oxford after he placed a product into the cart which is being handled by Fier. "Cashier.", told Oxford to the robot and the robot responded by turning the cart around and walked to the cashier while the two men followed from behind.

While the lady in the cashier sorted out their purchases, Ray who was standing on the other side, noticed that there is a homeless man, sitting on the concrete floor on the outside of the building. He glanced at Oxford and Fier who were watching the lady to her work. He slowly started to walk towards the exit, and when he walked out from the store, he turned to his left and there he saw the man. At first, Ray thought that the homeless man is alone, but when he is just meters away from them, the man isn't alone, in fact, it is a family. He was about to approach them but he heard Oxford's and Fier's voice behind him.

"Do we really need these biscuits?", questioned Fier to Oxford as they walked out of the building.

Ray walked towards them with an idea.

"Yes.", answered Oxford.

"Are you sure?", Ray questioned out of nowhere which startled them.

Oxford was about to answer 'yes' but he noticed the homeless family in the distance. He figured that the reason why Ray asked that is to give them some biscuits. So he looked at Ray and said, "No."

Fier was curious when he watched Oxford gave Ray three packs of biscuits. Ray thanked Oxford before turning around and walked towards the family with the biscuits. Both Oxford and Fier were watching the man wearing a white general uniform handed the family the biscuits. Oxford smiled slightly as he watched the entire family stood up and gave Ray a hug that he might never forget.