Chapter 23 - Memory Card

Oxford and Chap left the room and went into the laboratory since the two memory cards aren't enough to show his discovery. They were in an elevator when its doors opened and immediately greeted by Sion who was waiting for the elevator.

"Ah, there you are. I was about to go to your office to talk about that unknown label on your memory card.", said Sion to Oxford when he moved aside.

"Come with us, Chap also has something to show me.", replied Oxford to Sion before they started to walk to the laboratory.

Chap was the first one to enter the laboratory, followed by Chap and Oxford. The two of them noticed that Chap has placed five microscopes and a few test tube racks on the table, he then called Oxford. He walked forward and was told to look into the first microscope and he did.

"On the right side, that's his skin that I found in his bed yesterday, next to it is my skin, a huge difference isn't?", Chap said when he glanced at Sion who was sitting on a stool and then back to Oxford.

"It has a different structure that's all I can say.", replied the man to Chap.

"The second microscope shows the structure of his strand of hair that I plucked on his first day, next to it is mine.", said Chap as he took a few steps back.

Oxford looked into the second microscope that Chap just explained.

"It's just like his skin, has a different structure, what will these do to us?", questioned Oxford.

"Nothing, it's just, I have never seen anything like this before.", replied Chap.

"Trust me, you're not the only one.", said Oxford as he leaned closer to the third microscope.

"You can clearly see that his DNA is more superior than ours.", Chap explained the third microscope.

Sion was watching the two men and when he decided to look around, he caught Ony walking towards them. He was holding a yellow folder in his left hand when he entered the laboratory. Ony was surprised when he saw the three of them in the room. After Oxford looked at the microscope, he turned around and saw Ony having a conversation with Sion at the door.

"How is he performing by the way?", Chap let out a question while he was returning the microscopes back in the cabinet.

"Ray? He continues to surprise me.", Oxford replied before walking towards to the Sion and Ony.

"Is it about Ray?", Oxford questioned Ony.

"Yes.", answered Ony.

"You go first Sion.", said Oxford while he fetched himself a stool.

"Here's what I found so far about that symbol if you look closely...", Sion was talking when Oxford pulled out the glass memory card. "... It has the symbol of death, the universe, and life."

"I don't get you.", said Oxford after he looked at the symbol that is labeled on the memory card.

"I knew you would say that. Here.", Sion murmured when he placed a brown folder on the table, near Oxford. Inside the folder are photos of the three symbols that Sion said.

Oxford took a good look at the photos that Sion took out from the folder and placed it in a straight line. His head tilted slightly to his left, at this point he knew that Sion is telling the truth.

"What does it mean then?", questioned Oxford.

"I'm still looking for it.", answered Sion.

"One more problem, I can't seem to access it.", said Oxford to Sion who was putting the photos back into the folder.

"Have you said that to Ony?", Sion questioned after he glanced at Ony who was having a conversation with Chap.

"I am now.", replied Oxford to Sion before calling Ony in the distance.

Ony turned around to face Oxford as he approached him. He then sat down next to Oxford on a stool that Sion just handed.

"What about Ray?", questioned Oxford when he saw the yellow folder in his right hand.

"Remember the time when he built an artificial intelligence robot?", Ony replied to a question too.

"I remember, what about it?"

"When you two left the area, I checked his works on the computer and noticed how complex and so well made, unlike any of us. Plus I watched him and he didn't look stress out and didn't even pause for a second.", answered the man.

"Does that folder has to do something with it?", Oxford asked when he pointed at the yellow folder.

"Oh no, this is nothing.", replied Ony while he showed him what is inside.

"Ok. Do you remember this?", Oxford showed the small glass memory card that he couldn't access.

"You want me to access it?", questioned Ony.

"If it is possible.", said Oxford as he handed it to him.

"Do you think he is safe?", after he went silent for a bit.

"Since you asked...", Oxford stood up and called everyone in the laboratory for a short group conversation.

They all preferred to stand since it will only be a short meeting. Chap, who was standing near Oxford, heard him sighed when he hid his hands in the side pockets of his black slacks. The three were silent, waiting for Oxford to say to start the meeting. Out of nowhere they heard the door buzzed and opened and a male walked in, it was Tria. He looked at them quietly and surprised when he saw them that they are looking back at him with a weird look.

"Is it about Ray?", Oxford questioned the man who was standing near the door.

"How do you know?", Tria replied with a question too.

"What about him?", Oxford made a hand gesture to Tria to join them.

"I was wondering if he can perform with an instrument since he appears to know everything about music and songs.", said Tria.

"He can.", said Ony with a low voice, but it was still enough to be heard by Sion who was standing next to him.

"I figure that he can.", said Oxford to Tria before looking at the other men.

"What do you think of Ray?", he let out a question.

"I think of him as a smart aleck.", Ony was the first one to spoke.

Everyone shot a glance at him when they heard him.

"A modern master.", Tria said.

"A mutant.", Chap followed.

All four of them were staring at Sion who was quietly listening to their opinions.

"Don't look at me, we only had a short conversation when we met.", said Sion when he shook his head at them.

"I think of him as a human.", Oxford talked.

"A human?", Chap looked at him with his head slightly tilted to his right.

"His actions are similar to ours.", said Oxford.

"He might betray us.", Chap said.

"You discovered that his blood can eliminate viruses.", said Oxford.

"I guess it's a fifty-fifty percent chance.", Sion interrupted the two.