Chapter Six

This chapter is dedicated to @TorrieWrites. Thank you for the sweet message. I hope you enjoy this story.

***

Dress fittings seemed to be a once-a-month ordeal. Anna wanted to make sure our dressers were tailored perfectly for our bodies. The seamstress was doing everything in her power to try and add an appearance of a few pounds to Ellies and Anna was totally freaking out about her bridesmaid, Taylor, who recently announced she was pregnant.

"I just don't understand how someone could get pregnant when they know they are going to be in a wedding?" She said in the car on the way home from Taylor's gender reveal party a few months ago. "It totally throws off the continuity of the bridal party."

That was Anna for you. She didn't care about what was going on in someone else's life. If it inconvenienced her in any way, she wasn't having it.

I zipped up my dress and pulled at the loose fabric. From the stress of these weddings, I seemed to have dropped some weight.

"You should be the one seeing Dr. Lawrence," Ellie raised her brows as I stepped out of the dressing room.

"This is why I make sure we do monthly dress fittings." Anna put her hands on her hip and nudged the tailor towards me. She stuck a few pins in the dress and shooed me back into the dressing room to take it off.

"I will send you a diet you should be sticking too." My mother put her arm around me as I sat down on the couch next to her. "Lean protein, lots of fruits and veggies. You do need some carbs in your life honey, stop avoiding them." I nodded my head but didn't say anything. Ellie was right, here I am cooking meals and telling her what to eat when I can't even do that for myself.

"I was thinking we can have a girl's day, just us." My mom rested her head on my shoulder. She had taken a leave of absence this summer from her show. It had been years since she spent more than a weekend at a time here in Bridgeport. Maybe I needed some mother-daughter time, it was an excuse to pressure her into getting Ellie the care that she needed.

Anna walked out of the dressing room and stood up on the platform, twirling around in her dress to see every angle. It was simple but elegant. The dress was white silk and had an A-line drop waist. It was strapless and made her look good in all the right places. I have seen her in it a few times, but each time it took my breath away and I couldn't help but tear up.

It was drizzling by the time I made it to the coffee shop. It was a busy Tuesday morning and instead of waiting in the long line, the barista handed me my regular and I thanked her. I took a seat at the same table I always did and waved to my favorite older couple. Donny and Elaine joined me this morning, eager to hear about the wedding planning.

"I have a lot more to do," I answered Elaine's question on how the event was coming along.

"It's all the people at bingo are talking about," Donny said.

"The Johnson's brag about how they scored an invite. Apparently, Betty is in the same yoga class as Anna." Elaine announced.

"I already told you two, I can sneak you in." I winked. Elaine grabbed Donny's hand and squeezed, excited at the news.

"We also talk about the handsome best man, Liam Eastwood. If I were sixty years younger, I would be all over him. Sorry honey." Elaine shot me a wink.

"He is handsome." I agreed.

"You two would make a divine couple. Have you met him?" Elaine asked.