Chapter Ten

I sat on the couch as the groomsmen got their suits tailored. Liam apologized, multiple times, but that was as far as our conversation went. I wasn't ignoring him, I just did not want to deal with whatever this was.

Andrew was fumbling with his tie, so I stepped in and showed him how to tie a perfect Windsor knot. Every wedding is the same, there is always someone who doesn't know how to tie a tie.

"Do you think Anna will approve?" He asked as I finished the knot.

"Absolutely." I smiled, smoothing out the wrinkles on his shoulders.

"I'm sorry about what happened with Liam." He tried to meet my eyes.

I shook my head. "It was nothing, just silly Bridgeport drama. You know all about that."

He smiled. "I have to go to D.C for two weeks. Make sure you take care of Anna." He said. "And Liam." I swatted his arm and he laughed as he walked back into the dressing rooms.

"Make my vote count!" I teased. Andrew was a good man, the right one for the job. Senators, and pretty much anyone who held a public office, always got a bad rap, but Andrew was different. He had a love for the state of North Carolina and wanted to do us proud. We had faith in him and we knew he would never let us down.

Andrew and I walked down the boardwalk to my office to meet Anna and discuss the rehearsal dinner. It was three weeks from Friday and we still had a lot to do. The venue and caterer were booked, all we needed now was to finalize the guest list. They both wanted immediate family only, along with the bridal party and their significant others. My mind wandered to Liam and wondering if he would bring Joslyn along.

"I got the ok from the hotel to have the lights strung above us." I checked that off the list and moved onto the next thing. "I need to send these invites out ASAP. We should have done this a few weeks ago. Do you have an updated guest list?"

Anna fumbled around in her purse and pulled out the crinkled piece of paper. I scanned the list, looking for a certain name. All it said next to Liam's name was, guest?

"We're all set on the list," Andrew answered for me. I looked up at him and he gave me a smile, assuring me that Liam was going solo.

"I want to make seating arrangements as well, Nor," Anna said.

"Of course." I shot a polite smile her way. It was another addition to the list, but the wedding was finally coming along. Sometimes it felt like I was planning a royal wedding, it was publicly talked about with people dying to get an invitation. I understood why the guest list was extensive, Andrew was a senator and my father was the mayor of Bridgeport, but sometimes I wished that they had eloped instead.

My father was the only one home when I dropped off the prepped food for Ellie. Last week's meals were still unopened, but I switched them out anyways. My father kissed the top of my head while putting on a pot of coffee for us. He led me out to the back porch and we took a seat at the table.

"How is everything?" My father asked. He was the more level-headed member of the family. I shared a lot with my father, he understood my ways more than anyone else. We were a lot alike; both workaholics and obsessed with being organized and making lists. It was easy to open-up to him and I always tried to gleam as much wisdom from him as I could.

"Well, Anna's wedding is almost over." I took a deep breath. "If that tells you anything."

He laughed. "She will do the same thing for your wedding, honey." My father's assistant brought out the coffee and I thanked her. I splashed a bit of vanilla creamer into it and took a sip.