Chapter Thirteen

Another awesome cover from Limelight_stealer
***

I woke up to the sun peeking in through the blinds. I sat in up in bed and looked around the room, realizing I was still at Liam's. I looked over to the other side of the bed and saw that it was untouched. I vaguely remembered Liam carrying me up the stairs and giving me one of his shirts to put on. I was too tired to argue with him, so I slipped out of my dress and into the t-shirt and crawled into his extremely comfortable bed.

How late is it anyway? I wondered in a panic. I grabbed the phone from the nightstand and saw that it was 8:30! I never slept in that late. I saw there was a text from Anna, something had come up and she wasn't able to make it to our meeting today. Relief settled in and I got up and went into the bathroom.

I noticed that Liam had fresh towels laid out for me and a new toothbrush. The details he always thought of made my heart melt.

I jumped in the shower and enjoyed all the numerous showerheads streaming down on me. I didn't want to indulge myself for too long, because I was sure that I smelled bacon cooking.

I dressed up and hurried down the stairs to see what was happening in the kitchen. Liam's back was to me and he was flipping pancakes. I was glad that I had jumped in the shower before coming down because I could see that he had done the same. Both of us had wet hair, and he was wearing some shorts and a light blue t-shirt.

"Something smells good." I said as I entered the kitchen.

Liam turned around, "Good morning, sleepyhead." He said and smiled. He walked over to me and greeted me with a morning kiss. He noticed my natural curls and put his hand in my hair and said, "I love your curls." He played with them and moved me hair around. "I didn't know you had natural curly hair, James." He said, with a happy surprise in his voice.

"Guilty as charged." I smiled. "Now you can see why it takes me so long to get ready. These curls don't straighten themselves." I playfully complained.

"Then don't." He exclaimed as he continued to play with the curls. "I love it." He flattered.

"Thanks," I said and smiled, feeling a little embarrassed at the subject of the conversation. "I think about getting it cut, quite often."

"Let's see," He said as he clasped his hand in my hair and brought it up to about shoulder height and stood back to evaluate me. "Yep, that would be cute too." He said with a big-ole grin. He gave me another kiss and motioned me to the island to have a seat. "Pancakes, coming up." He said as he handed me a mug of coffee.

"Ahh, thank you." I said, so happy to have my first cup of coffee in hand. I took a sip and asked if there was anything I could do to help.

"Nope." He said and spun around with a plate full of pancakes and 4 slices of bacon. "Hope you like it." He said with a hopeful smile.

He brought a plate for himself around to my side of the island and sat in the chair next to me. He took the bottle of syrup and nearly drowned his pancakes in it.

I scrunch my nose, "Would you like a little pancake with that syrup?" I teased.

He laughed, "I dip my bacon in it, too." He smiled.

"Oh, good news. I got a text from Anna this morning and she said we don't have to meet her until around five today, something has come up apparently."

"Awesome now we will have time to go paddle boarding and hang out at the beach a little today." His eyes were sparking. I had to say, that idea sounded awfully good to me as well. But I felt like I still had a hundred thinks that I should do. I hesitated and started to say, "But I still have..."