Chapter Nine

This chapter is dedicated to TorrieWrites. Look at the cover she made for this story! She's amazing at what she does. Thank you so much for this!
***

Call me crazy but having Liam as a planning partner was starting to feel like fun. And to tell you the truth, that kind of scared me, was I falling for this guy? I had informed Liam of my day off and he informed me that he was planning a dinner party at his house with some friends. Tonight.

While I could plan a party in my sleep, throwing it together in just a few short hours made me feel like a novice. I always liked everything to be perfect and especially since Liam had asked me to help, I wanted him to look good. The good news was, Liam jumped in, like always, taking the reins and calling and schmoozing the caterer and fortunately they were able to take on a last-minute job. Thank goodness for small miracles.

We spent the day at his house getting set up. It was a three-story white home that sat on stilts, overlooking the beach. His rental was located on the newbie side of the island, where most of the for-rent homes were. We brought the long dining table out onto the deck of the second floor and strung white lights from the ceiling above.

We took a short trip to my storage unit that held extra essentials for weddings. I grabbed the box of silverware from the back of the unit and we scrubbed them clean in the kitchen sink when we returned.

He had cases of beer delivered. After the delivery boy finished unboxing the beer and stacking them neatly in the bar fridge outside, Liam slipped him a twenty.

"I had no idea they delivered beer." I put a hand on my hip.

"Welcome to the twenty-first century, my dear." I rolled my eyes at his sarcastic remark.

We made another run, this time to the grocery store. He wanted to have a bonfire, of course, so we had to pick up the essentials. From there, we went over to the florist to buy a few arrangements for centerpieces. Poppy threw together a few for us and I was grateful for it. We invited her to the dinner and she gratefully accepted. Poppy graduated with Anna, so I had known her for a while. Most of the residents of Bridgeport move back home from college and most of them stay. It's easy to start a business here and be successful since there wasn't much competition. The residents have developed a family here and they supported local businesses.

"These are on the house." Poppy waved off the money Liam was trying to pay her. "They're my contribution to the party. I'll see you guys later." She waved as she helped the woman who entered the shop.

He dropped me off at my house and insisted I let him do the rest. I allowed it since I did want to shop for a new dress and go to Savannah's salon to get a blow-out.

When he was out of sight, I hopped in my jeep and drove to Forever Everly. The sales girls, Morgan and Darcy, were there and they waved hello as soon as I stepped into the store. I knew them well, they have worked here the last two years. They were still in high school and always talked to Savannah about their current crushes, which was Savannah's specialty. She loved to gossip and was good at it. Quinn came out of her office to say hello. Now being a client of mine, she told the sales girls to give me a discount.

"What's the occasion?" She asked as she followed me over to the dress section. The two girls followed, both picking up options along the way.

"Dinner with friends," I played it coy as I picked up a short black number.

"Honey, that dress screams more than friends," Quinn raised an eyebrow. "Anyone we know?"

"Um, I don't think so." I turned my back and pretended to look at more dresses. "Andrew's best man is having a get together at his house tonight."