24

This hypnotic song just seems to fit the mood Colton's in. Though this is a song about trying to get back to someone you've lost, Lalah Hathaway captures his constant yearning in every phrase. A yearning that causes him to rush headlong into yet another impulsive adventure...

So, even though I left Kendall with Kylie, when I got back to my house, I felt like I was experiencing that "phantom limb" thing some people have after they lose an arm or a leg.

I couldn't think straight, or do anything right, because I wasn't really "there." I was thinking about what might be going on at Kendall's place, and what that might be doing to her physically--I was a wreck.

I had lots of company and concern at home, of course. Too much, maybe.

The girls came over with Joie, to talk to me about the little runway thing I was supposed to do at the charity thing that weekend, but I was so dazed that Cat finally asked me if I was in pain or something.

So then, they all started chastising me for running around all day. And I tried to focus because they meant well. And they had loved me first. Saved me, first.

Remembering that helped me snap out of it and get into their groove more.

And then Joie showed me the $5000 suit I was going to strut—that was dope.  I'll leave the description for the actual event, though. It's an outrage, I swear.

I decided then and there to make them sweat for it on Sunday. I wanted the highest bid of the night for that thing. And I could do it, too. I had done it a few times already.

"We're doing something very different this year," she told me. "So you will definitely have to be alert out there."

"You're not going to tell me what, though, right?"

"I'll say you're probably the only one who'll be able to handle it," she said. "So I wouldn't worry if I were you."

"How'd the rehearsal go?" I asked the girls.

"Actually, it went pretty good," Mike said. "The stage is bigger now, so we didn't have to geisha walk this time."

She shuffled her feet to remind me what the "geisha walk" looked like. And I laughed because we'd all been stumbling over each other on that little bitty stage Joie used to have. She created these Busby Berkeley routines that you couldn't begin to do up there. We managed, somehow, but somebody always wound up falling off the side or something before it was over.

"You wanna do sum wit us?" Aisha asked me. "That Robin Thicke thing?"

Joie lit up and said, "That one with the little rap part in it?"

"Two Chains and Kendrick," I said. "We could do that. I know it well enough."

It was easy, really. Just me walking around the girls a lot. And a part where they used me like a human pole for a while. That always cracked people up, watching them slither around me that way. It was hard for me to keep a straight face, but at Joie's "Xmas Xtravanganza" laughter was the whole point.

So I said, "Let's do dis! I'm down."

Joie clapped her hands together and said, "Now, I'm in the mood! My boy's back! Let me get out of here and let you rest, sweetie!"