Physical Exams

Dr. Iplier walked into the kitchen and looked over the men picking at their breakfasts. "Today seems like a good day for physicals."

Ed Edgar glanced up, chewing on a piece of bacon. "Like.... let's get physical?"

"No... like physical exams. I'm a doctor. Remember?" Dr. Iplier tilted his head.

"Are you really a doctor though?" Wilford grinned, tapping his fingers on his chin. "I have it on a pretty good source you took a two week course online."

"I'm a doctor!" Dr. Iplier shouted, then cleared his throat. "Look, they're simple little appointments. They won't hurt. We'll start after breakfast. Everyone has to have one today." He declared, sitting down.

As everyone finished eating, Dr. Iplier stood. "Darkiplier..." He smiled, interlocking his fingers. "Would you please come up to my office?" He knew if he could get Dark in for his appointment, the others would follow suit much easier.

A low groan escaped him, before Dark placed his hands on the table and pushed himself up. With a sigh, he cracked his neck, looking over Dr. Iplier as his aura flickered around him. "Fine. You have ten minutes." He uttered, to which the doctor grinned and led him up to his 'office'.

Dr. Iplier pointed to the chair in front of his desk and grinned. "Have a seat." Darkiplier hesitantly sat down on the chair, watching the doctor curiously. As he closed the door, Dr. Iplier realized he wasn't often alone with Darkiplier and he was suddenly feeling oddly uncomfortable about the situation. "So..." The doctor picked up his clipboard, glancing over the page. "Any complaints?"

"Is that a joke?" Dark grunted, the echo in his voice loud and agitated.

Glancing over his clipboard, Dr. Iplier shook his head slightly. "N-no?"

Dark cracked his neck. "I have several broken bones and damaged organs. So yes, a complaint or two."

Dr. Iplier cringed, dropping down into his chair, nodding. "I did... know that."

"Yes, you did." Dark nodded. "Are we finished?"

"No." Dr. Iplier looked up. "I was just going to take some vitals." He scribbled something on his clipboard, then laid it on his desk getting up. Dark kept his eyes focused on the doctor as he made his way around the desk and headed towards the back of Dark's chair. Dark pushed his foot on the ground, sliding the chair diagonally away from the doctor, so he could continue to face him. "I was just going to check your heart and lungs..." Dark didn't respond, simply stared until the doctor nodded. "Save that for later then." He muttered to himself, and took a step back. He collected a reflex hammer from a drawer and wandered back over. He very carefully tapped above Dark's knee. After a very long pause, Dark's leg bounced slightly. "You aren't supposed to move it." Dr. Iplier explained.

"Is that not what you were testing?" Dark asked, watching him carefully.

Dr. Iplier sighed. "Well, yes, but it's supposed to move on it's own."

Dark nodded. "It does not do that."

"Right." Dr. Iplier sighed, setting the hammer down on his desk and leaned over the clipboard to write something in.

"Can you not tell me that I am dying and release me?" Dark growled.

Dr. Iplier glanced up, noticing that Darkiplier's aura was growing. "You seem agitated."

Dark sighed, standing and placed his hands behind his back, cracking his neck. "My body does not work the way it should. I call it my body very loosely. Reminders of what I have lost are not comforting."

Frowning, Dr. Iplier nodded. "Sorry Dark, I didn't-"

"Are we finished?" Dark muttered.

Dr. Iplier glanced down at his clipboard, then back up and him and nodded again. "Yes. You're dying." Dark gave a single nod of his head and left the room, heading straight to his own office and locked the door. Dr. Iplier was considering calling the whole thing off, when he heard foot steps, and looked up to find Googleplier standing in his doorway. "You're an android..." He pointed out.