How to Start the New Year

Wilford was adjusting the collar on the sparkly pink shirt he had on, throwing himself a wink in the mirror.

"You could stay here..." King of the Squirrels mumbled, sitting on the bed behind Wilford. He was slumped forward, trailing his fingers over patterns on the comforter. "With all of us. We're fun."

Narrowing his eyes, Wilford looked over his shoulder. "Starting the year off with a kiss is good luck."

King shrugged. "You don't NEED luck! You're Wilford Warfstache."

Smiling, the mad man spun around. "How do I look?"

With a grin, King looked up at him and nodded. "Good!"

"Too good to stay in and watch movies." Wilford winked.

Slowly King shook his head. "I meant... I think it's a bit too much. It's TOO flashy for going out."

"Says the man wearing a royal cloak and crown?" Wilford smirked.

"I'm a king!" King whined.

Wilford popped his collar, striking a pose. "And I'm an icon! If you're going to fuss about it this much... just come out with me."

King's eyes widened. "Really?"

"Sure." Wilford shrugged. "It's New Years after all. Everyone should be out... kicking this year off right."

"Is this another trick?" King pouted. "Are you trying to make me your wing man again?"

Wilford chuckled. "I don't need a wing man. Especially not on New Year's Eve." He tilted his head. "There is a catch though."

"Isn't there always?" King sighed.

Tilting his head, Wilford thought it over before he shrugged. "So, you can come, if you convince the others to come."

King shook his head. "Yanderipler is-"

"Most of the others." Wilford corrected. "Enough that I won't have to babysit you. Especially Dark! He could use a night out. He used to be the keg stand king you know..."

"Dark was a king?" King gasped.

"Not a..." Wilford sighed, nodding. "Yeah. He was. Gave up his crown though. But... I'm sure you could talk him into coming out." He winked.

"I'm on it!" King giggled, jumping off the bed and ran out of the room. Wilford chuckled, turning back to his mirror. King's first stop was at Darkiplier's office, where he leaned against the door and knocked very softly.

"Yes?"

When he heard the voice, King opened the door a crack, leaning in. Dark was looking over at him as King squirmed a little. "Wilford said-"

"He says a lot of things." Dark growled, turning back to his desk. "Try to ignore him."

King pouted. "But I don't want to! He said we should all go out with him for New Years! And... and I wanna go."

Dark narrowed his eyes, looking over at King again. "You want to go out for New Years? To a club? A place of drunk people dancing? You understand that there will be no squirrels?"

Slowly King nodded. "I know... there will be lots of time for squirrels next year!"

Dark sighed. "Well if you are asking for permission, it is fine if you go. Just be careful."

"I want you to come." King bit his lip.

"I do not do tha-" Dark began, King excitedly cutting him off.

"Will said you used to be a keg stand king! I don't know what that means exactly... but I think it has something to do with parties." King blurted out.