Ego Easter

Dark was hiding a jar of peanut butter at the back of a high shelf in one of the cupboards when Google walked in. "Did King find the peanut butter again?"

"Or someone told him where it was." Dark growled, glancing over his shoulder at Google, before looking back at his task.

Google nodded, watching a moment before stating, "I believe we should observe more Easter customs this year."

Dark hesitated, then ignored the statement for a moment as he checked the jar's placement and closed the cupboard. "I did not think you cared about human holidays." Dark pointed out, turning to face him.

"It is Eric's first holiday in the house. I thought it would appropriate to do something fun." Google's lips were forced upwards into an unwilling smile.

"What are you really after?" Dark sighed, narrowing his eyes at the android.

Google let out a soft whirring sound, then nodded, understanding that the likelihood of getting something past Darkiplier was very slim. "Have you heard of Ukrainian Easter eggs?"

Dark placed his hands behind his back. "Perhaps? In passing?"

"Someone online made a comment that they are better hand made... and that machines could not recreate the patterns with such care." Google explained, Dark merely raising an eyebrow. "I will prove them wrong."

"That is perhaps the largest over reaction to an online comment that I have heard in quite some time." Dark pointed out.

Google's eyes flickered. "I thought that killing them and their family would be the over reaction."

Dark groaned, nodding. "Decorating eggs then." He sighed, cracking his neck. "Why exactly do you need everyone to do this, if you merely want to make one yourself?"

"I do not want to decorate Easter eggs alone. It is a silly thing for an android to do... I do not even care about Easter." Google stated, before walking off.

"Of course." Dark muttered, rolling his eyes. He wandered out into the yard, finding King and brought him back inside to clean him up. Just as they had managed to get all of the peanut butter off his face, Google texted Dark a list of supplies he would need. "Hm... King? Go and fetch the Host, would you? I suppose we have some shopping to do."

"Ok!" King grinned, racing off to find the Host, and met up with Dark at the front door.

While he collected the items from Google's list, Dark allowed the Host to pick out several egg decorating kits meant for children, while King picked up some other arts and crafts supplies that he was begging for, for his eggs. Unsurprisingly, King was ecstatic over the idea of decorating eggs. Once they had all of those supplies, they picked up a few dozen eggs, and headed home.

Dark hard boiled some of the eggs, while King laid out a table cloth and set up the kits, the idea being that egos could wander in and out of the kitchen during the day. It seemed easier than having them altogether. "King, would you let the others know there is egg decorating in the kitchen, if they so choose?"

"Mhm!" King grinned, running off. Before too long, he reappeared, and Google was soon to follow, Dark handing him his bag of supplies. Google took a few of the raw eggs and set up his wax and dyes on one corner of the table, beginning to work.

King happily got to work decorating a few hard boiled eggs, and Dark was just about ready to assume it was almost a waste to get all the supplies, when he heard a voice. "I think this is the place, Jim." With a sigh, Dark leaned against the counter, watching as Reporter Jim rolled into the kitchen and wiggled over to the table, popping up to look over the edge. Camera Jim crawled in behind him on his knees, popping the camera up on the edge of the table to film King and Google. "This is where the eggs are being made. Were they made by bunnies? No one will ever know..."