Chapter 2.

"What?" She asked. How had her life gone from a normal regular day to being kidnapped by a train, to finding out she is 'betrothed' to some random guy.

"Must I spell it out for you. . . B-E-T-R-O," she clenched her jaw, and if she was in a cartoon there was sure to be steam coming out of her ears. How could a stranger, this good looking, be such a jerk to her?

"I know what that means." She rolled her eyes at him, while crossing her arms, "but what your saying is making no sense. Actually scratch that all of this is making no sense." She looked back to the king to see him sat at the head of the table with an amused expression.

King Christopher then cleared his throat, "Now Emmaline, I'm sure your very confused." That was an understatement, "but I assure you we will explain everything tomorrow once you've had a good rest," he turned his gaze to her supposed betrothed, "how about you show her to her room."

The younger man groaned, "why? That's the reason we have help." He gave Emmaline a disgusted once over, before turning back around and disappearing into the long hall. The king sighed and rubbed his temples clearly a sign of agitation.

"Emmaline you have to excuse my sons hostile manners, Adrian isn't to fond of the idea." He apologized for his son.

"Well that makes two of us." She whispered more to herself.

"You have to believe me when I tell you, that he is a nice young man. Lately he has just been in a very bad mood." She stayed silent. He let out a deep breath and called for a girl named Lily. Soon a whirl of purple zoomed by her at lightning speed. Emmaline rapidly blinked her eyes and rubbed them as she was sure she was just imagining things now. But when she opened her eyes a shorter girl with violet hair was standing in front of her.

"Hi, I'm Lily, and I've been assigned to be your personal helper." She beamed with a bright smile, "come, allow me to show you your room." Emmaline was soon being dragged up the same hallway that Adrian had just entered moments earlier, and she made note of just how cold Lily was. The pair walked up a spiral staircase, and came to yet another long hallway. This place seemed a lot like a maze of gloomy halls.

"You have no idea how happy I am to have another girl here besides Adeline!" She smiled.

"Who's Adeline?" She asked wondering if she was another helper or maybe even related to the king.

"Princess Adeline. The kings daughter, sister to Adrian." Just the mere mention of his name for some ungodly reason made her stomach leap, which only caused her to be more confused and angrier than ever with this whole situation since she wasn't sure if it was out of hatred, or something else.

Emmaline followed Lily into a very large bedroom. The walls were a pretty shade of plum, and white curtains. On the large bed was a silk black comforter, with lots of pillows. Again there was a medium sized chandelier hanging in the middle of the room. The floors we a glossy black marble, and there was white furniture scattered across the room giving it more of a light friendly vibe.

"If the colors are to dark for you, please dont hesitate to ask for a change." Lily spoke unsure if the newcomer liked her room or not.

"Don't be silly, it's beautiful." She marvelled at how the dark colors accentuated each other.

"It's late miss, you should really get some rest, you have a big day ahead of you tomorrow." Lily said before disappearing out of the door.

Emmaline sat on the edge of the bed, pondering how her night could have gone from so normal to being kidnapped by royals. A lone tear slid down her cheek as she thought about her parents, and her friends. Is she going to go back? Is this some crazy nightmare caused by sleep deprivation? She pinched herself, but instead of waking up in her dorm room, she was still sat on the black silk covered bed. Is there even anyone out looking for her? Surly her roommate would call for help if she hadn't returned. All of her hopes and dreams just seemed to crumble at her feet. She would never graduate college, meet a nice guy to share her life with, she would never become a teacher, or even have her own dog.