Chapter 12

⚠️SLIGHT WARNING⚠️

"I um... I'm sorry!" Em quietly muttered.

"Don't be." Adrian felt something stir within him.

Emmaline was an innocent girl and didn't quite understand the sensation she was feeling at that moment. She went to grab the blanket to shield herself from his wandering eyes. He was close enough at this point to grab her arm stopping her.

She looked up at him with her chocolate orbs questioning his actions.

"You're beautiful." His voice was husky and dare Emmaline say sexy. She swallowed hard and her pink lips parted a little bit wanting to feel his.

He gripped her chin gently and pulled her face close to his. "May I?" He wanted permission. She slightly nodded her head, and before she knew it his lips were against hers.

Electricity flooded her body as she melted in the kiss. This kiss was different. Something was taking over Em's body and she wanted more. She wanted him.

The temperature seemed to rise in the room and Em was soon panting. She slowly started trailing kissing along his jaw line and made it to his neck. She first started out timidly kissing it, but his grunts of pleasure encouraged her. The small kisses turned hotter, yet the amazing sensation she was feeling slowly turned into one of hunger... not passion. Her jaw felt like it was on fire and before she knew it her canines extended from her gums and she couldn't hold back.

She bit him.

The closest, sexiest moment they shared ruined by her biting him.

Em stared in shock as she watched the blood trickle down his neck. This was a turn of events. She always imagined her to be the one with blood running down her neck.

"I-I can't believe I did that." She breathed out. Tears coming to her eyes.

"Baby it's okay. It's just a nip." He tried to soothe but he knew deep down a werewolf bite was lethal to vampires. No matter how old or how strong. Em of course didn't know this.

"This is so embarrassing! I'm so, so sorry!"

It would be awhile until the symptoms started to appear. Long enough for him to find a cure.

"You just shifted for the first time, it's okay. You couldn't control it. How about you get some sleep. This has been a hard day for you... everything will be better by morning!" He said softly as plump tears began rolling down her cheeks.

She nodded and hugged him. The blood still trickling down. Why hasn't he healed yet? she wondered.

"I'm going to take a shower. Do you need anything first?" Again she shook her head telling him no. If she spoke she knew her voice would crack and start crying again out of embarrassment.

This was the problem for Emmaline. As long as she could remember she cried over the dumbest things. Especially is she was angry or embarrassed.

As soon as Adrian shut the bathroom door and turned the water on Emmaline drifted into a dreadful sleep. Like normal, nightmares flooded her unconscious. This time though was different. She dreamt of a blonde girl, with eyes of fiery gold. She was beautiful, a light in the strange setting of darkness. "Come and get me." The blonde snarled with a tone laced with arrogance. This dream later would cause her to constantly wonder who the unknown girl was, and who was going to get her.

Adrian looked at his bite in the mirror. It wouldn't heal because of the venom and it would soon start eating his flesh.

Decades ago, when the war between vampires and werewolves raged on, he saw multiple men of his end up at the mercy of a werewolf bite. They would start to turn crazy in a painfully slow drawn out process.

First it would start out with a high fever, causing the skin to blister. Then the hallucinations would begin. The most horrific memory would replay over and over in their minds, they wouldn't be able to tell what was reality and what wasn't. They would lash out on anything and everything, before they would eventually die.

This was the worst way for a vampire to go, and as far as Adrian knew there wasn't a way to fix it. He would soon succumb to the horrors of the bite. Unlike his fellow soldiers though, this wasn't from an enemy trying to hurt him. It was from the girl he was supposed to make his Queen, the girl who would eventually have his offspring, the girl who he had loved. He couldn't burden her with the thought of him being a dead man walking.

The steamy shower eased his mind back to simpler times. A time when smog was heavy from the factories, when train whistles rang in the distance. When he played ball with Jackson and Gracy always wanted to join in, even though proper young ladies didn't get dirty. Before his mother forced him and his siblings to a life of misery.

He couldn't let this be the end of his story though. He refused to let this be his fate. After everything he has gone through: the turning, the bloodlust, the wars, and finally meeting his match. His perfect match. There had to be someone who knew how to fix this. He would find that someone no matter what.

As he turned off the water and dried off, he heard Emmaline's slight snoring and smiled to himself. Despite everything that happened, the visions of Emmaline kissing him so deeply racked his thoughts. She was completely exposed to him.

He put on his form fitting boxers, and plaid pajama shorts that Jackson got him for Christmas the one year and carefully crawled into bed next to the sleeping beauty.

Her plump pink lips parted ever so slightly, and a piece of shiny brown hair covered her cheek. He felt guilty for bringing her into this mess of a world he lived in, but a bigger part of him knew she was destined to it despite it all.

He would fix this.