Chapter 11

You're soon to be husband isn't as innocent as you might think sweetheart."

Emmaline bit her tongue to keep her from cursing this son of a bitch out.

"Me and Adrian go way back." He started, "it was 1927, and Adrian was off the rails. He switched his humanity off, and anywhere he went there was destruction. He would sneak out of that little palace of his during the night to feed on anything that walked." This drew her in.

"My parents the previous Alpha and Luna were doing business in a rural town of New York, watching over and helping with a small pack that was having some difficulties." He continued, "Adrian and his snot nosed brother were on the hunt, and what do vampires hate the most? You guessed it werewolves."

"No." Emmaline whispered as she knew where this story was going.

"Oh yes. They hunted my parents down and ripped their throats out like it was nothing. They were high on blood, and that makes them the most dangerous predators." Emmaline was in tears.

"I was just a pup when I had heard the news. My whole life was viciously ripped away from me. But Adrian just walked away like nothing ever happened. He gets to live the perfect little life, with the perfect little girl, while I have nothing." He finished, his eyes flashing from gold back to their original dark brown.

"Are you going to kill me?" She questioned for the last time.

"Oh no. That would make it too easy for that bastard." He pondered for a minute before continuing, "no. I'm gonna turn you into the exact thing that he despises, the same thing that he killed the cold night in 1927."

She knew what he meant. He was going to turn her into the same thing he was. The same thing Adrian killed.

Before she knew it, the gate separating him from her was ripped open, and she felt piercing teeth rip through her shoulder blade. A warm feeling spreading through her body. She screamed bloody murder as the pain she felt was indescribable. She could feel blood trickling down her arm.

Despite the immense pain she was feeling, she knew this was her opportunity to flee. In that moment she felt the biggest power surge of her life. All of the hurt, pain, betrayal, and anger built up in her to the point of explosion.

In the midst and of her tears she shouted, a voice barely recognizable to her.

"Stand down Alpha. You come one more step near me I swear to whatever god that hears me, I will rip you limb from limb."

Not having control of her own body, her arm raised, he slender fingers closing shut. Alpha Jaxton slowly began gasping for air, somehow by not even touching him, she was suffocating him. She felt enough power go kill, but before it could go on any further, she dropped her arm and ran. With all her strength she ran for dear life.

A thousand thoughts racked her brain. But all she could focus on was fleeing. She was so close.

Emmaline was running as fast as she could through the dense trees. Her heartbeat going one million miles per hour. Just a little bit farther, she could almost taste the freedom. She could hear the howls in the distance, and feel her body literally breaking. What did they do to her?

She dropped in an instant, a piercing scream ripping through the forest

It started with her legs. Then her back, her arms. Every bone felt like it was shattering. Her jaw was on fire, her teeth shifting to make room. The canines pierced through her flesh, her vision was extraordinary, she could smell things miles away.

A snarl ripped through her as the transition was completed.

It was done. She looked down and saw her black fluffy paws. They seemed small, but what did she know?

Despite her entire body being exhausted, she shakily got up and wearily ran. She could sense the other wolves getting closer.

She felt trapped inside the beast's head. The alphas plan had worked. He turned her into what Adrian hated. She made it to a little hut and hid, her legs giving out. She whimpered for Adrian to find her. She prayed, and begged, gasping for air.

The daylight soon turned into dusk, which turned into night. The scent of the wolf pack had disappeared, when a new scent filled her nose. The smell of peppermint and pine.

Adrian?

The smell comforted her. She left out a weak howl to get his attention. She was embarrassed for him to see her like this, why didn't she change back yet?

"Emmaline?" She saw sleek black shoes at first. She raised her furry head to see the man she loved.

She cowered in front of him, afraid to see his disgust. Whimpering quietly.

A shaky hand patted her head, sending sparks up her spine. He raised her head to look into her bright red eyes.

"Emmaline, who did this to you." It wasn't a question per say, it was a statement of disbelief.

"I'm so sorry." A tear hit her fur. She cuddled her head into his lap.

"Let's get you back to civilization." He picked her up, still in her wolf form. The car was alongside the road. It was a quiet drive back, her falling asleep. When they arrived at the house he carried her inside. He laid the wolf girl on his bed, and went out to make her something to eat.

Emmaline felt the pain back and knew she was shifting back into her human form. When it was all over with, she weakly walked out of the room to find Adrian.

When she saw him preparing food, she smiled. He must've sensed her, and when he looked up his eyes went huge. She looked down and realized that when she shifted her clothes must have ripped off.

His heartbeat sped up as he dropped what he was doing and walked closer to her.