Chapter 5.

FLASHBACK TO 1846
~°Adrian's pov°~
Warning graphic content

Late one warm September night, Adrian Flynn recieved a letter, and one stage coach ticket, from his mother asking for his return for a nice warm dinner. He smiled as he read the letter. Before he left to begin his own life, he was always close to his family.

In his family, Adrian was the eldest of the 4 children, and studying at Princeton for a degree in business. His younger brother Matthew would also attend Princeton when he came of age, Adeline, Matthew's twin sister would soon marry the eldest Markus boy, and then there was little Gracy. She was only 13, and was the closest to Adrian. When he left it was the hardest on her, but they promised to write and keep in touch. Which they have. He got to hear all about the pranks she would pull on their tutor, or how she put the fine silverware in their grandmother's umbrella. When she opened it, she was mortified as the whole restaurant silenced and watched her with their calculating beady eyes as all of the silverware fell to the floor.

She could bright any room with her smile, and soft laugh.

Adrian couldn't wait. He blew out his candles, tucked the letter and ticket someplace safe, and went to sleep.

The next day he packed a bag full of his essentials that he would need for the night and set off for the train. Six in the morning and town people were scrambling around trying to accomplish everything they have to do. He was stopped by Mrs. Allen along the way. When he first moved away from his family, she was the one to help him out, cook for him in times of need, and do anything she possibly could. She was a lonely women. Her Son had passed away in war, and her husband died recently at the age of 92. Her being only a year younger than him, she was frail with short wispy white hair, and striking green eyes. Adrian did not want to rush the women since she was practically his grandmother, since he never met his as she did of fever shortly after his father was born.

Being later than he planned he just made it to the platform, settling in for a few hours. The loud whistle blew waking him up from a horrid nightmare, letting him know it was his stop. He exited the stagecoach smelling the fresh country air, much different from where he resides now. His homestead wasn't far, so he just walked from there.

After a short walk he came upon the brick two story house, and smiled. He is home.

"Mum, Pa? I'm home." He hollered as he shut the front door.

"I was wondering when you'd come. We have a busy night ahead of us." He mother clapped her hands together and wiping them on an apron that she had sewn herself.

"Busy? I though you just wanted everyone together to enjoy one of you delectable meals?"

"Oh yes dear. It will truly be to die for. I had a new brand of wine shipped in, I am so looking forward to trying it with you all."

Adrian was about to answer his mother when a very excited Gracy came bounding in the room, jumping up onto Adrian wrapping her arms and legs around him.

"I missed you so much big brother. I have so much to show you. I learned how to tie my own ribbons now! Isn't that wonderful." She exclaimed. Adrian was always Gracy's favorite, but she would never dare to admit that aloud.

"That is truly wonderful. How about you show me now munchkin." Gracy led them to her room.

"Thats okay have fun." His mom hollered after them, "it's not like I needed help anyways." She sighed. Maybe it was for the better, as they will not know what she is planning.

Adrian watched as Gracy tried to tie the ribbon but failed.

"Okay that was just a practice one. . ."

He chuckled. He knew she couldn't tie her ribbons just yet as his younger sister wrote him ranting on how she will just not listen. She stuck the tip of her tongue as she concentrated really hard for nothing.

"Gracy if I may?" He motioned to the ribbon. She shook her head but after several minutes reluctantly gave it to him.

"When I was your age I had hard times tying my laces. Mum showed me this trick. . . take both ends, make bunny ears, criss cross them and loop it under so the bunny goes into the hole." He demonstrated a few more times before giving the ribbon back to Gracy.

She tried, and failed. So she tried again and it was getting better but still not the greatest. After a few more times it finally looked like a bow. She threw it down, squealing, and threw her arms around Adrian.

All throughout the day she kept practicing, and getting better.

"So in honer of Adrian coming home I made his favorite meal. Beef, potatoes, and carrots. I also decided to open up this wine I got on my trip to Cresent Vally. Let us pray." His mother announced to the table full of her family. She was as nervous ever, but everything is all ready, ready.

They locked their hands, bowed their heads and prayed their usual prayer before meals. Rosa said A silent prayer to herself for everything to go well.

They sat down and began their feast. Rosa barely payed attention to everyone else, as she feared of what might happen.

"Mother what is wrong with the wine, it doesn't taste as it should? "Matthew asked looking suspiciously at the Crystal glass. He was always the smartest of the kids, and even believed somewhat in conspiracies.

"It tastes fine to me dear." Rosa said simply.

After diner they talked and had a good time. As it was near midnight they were all sound asleep. Except for one. It was now or never, Rosa though as she carried the ax through the hallway to the first door.

Adeline. She was always a beautiful girl with her whole life ahead of her. Well now she would have an eternity. Rosa gently placed a kiss on her forehead, before taking the ax and slamming it into her beautiful blonde head.

Next was Matthew. He was a light sleeper, so she was extra careful. She took the ax and again hit him three times in the head.

After Matthew came her husband. Then Adrian, and lastly little Gracy.

It was a brutal sight. She was covered in her families blood, tears streaming down her face.

"Don't worry my loves I will join you soon." Before she finished the last step she wrote a note for someone to find in the future. Then she took her kitchen knife and stabbed it into her heart.

It was done.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

A/n: I am so sorry I haven't updated in forever. A lot has gone on in my lufe and I know that is no excuse but I just didn't have it in me to write about something so brutal. I love you all, thank you for the reads and votes and I will do my best to update on a regular schedule.