Chapter XVI

Sixteen

I'M NOT DEAD. I'm not dead because I'm still breathing, even though I had been stabbed. I had been stabbed by my ex-boyfriend. He said it was for the better, but how? I was fine, wasn't I?

     No, I wasn't. I was Psych the Psycho. My powers were taking over, and that was dangerous. I had been told I was the only really sane class five mutant. That was a lie.

     I tried to kill my ex-boyfriend. I was angry with him, but I didn't want to kill him because of my anger. I wanted to kill him for fun.

    Crying. That was what I was doing when I woke up. I guessed that's what I did when I was unconscious, too.

     "I'm alive?" Those were the first words that escaped my mouth.

     "Yes," a low, British voice said. I recognized this voice, but I couldn't place a face. "You can thank Logan and Rogue."

     "Logan And Rogue," I repeated. I was trying to remember this person. "Who-who is this Logan And Rogue? It's an odd name."

     The British man laughed. "Not Logan And Rogue. Logan was your history teacher, and Rogue was your Earth Science teacher. Don't you remember?"

     I shook my head.

     "What do you remember?"

     I told him that I remembered that I tried to kill my ex-boyfriend; that my powers were consuming me; that I was stabbed. I told him that my name is Psych, and that my ex-boyfriend stabbed me.

     "Do you remember who I am?"

     I shook my head. "No. Who are you?"

     "I am Professor Charles Xavier, and I teach at Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. You've been here for nearly 11 years."

     My eye brows furrowed. "I don't remember."

     He nodded. "I assumed that would have happened. You lost a lot of blood when you were stabbed. There was barely enough time to save you. You put yourself in a coma, for two months."

    I was confused. "Well, why would I do that?"

     "To save yourself, Andromeda," he simply answered.

    "Who's Andromeda?" I looked up at the ceiling. I still hadn't seen this Professor Xavior guy, but I knew he was in the room.

    "That's your name. Your real name, actually."

    "Andromeda? Then why I do I think my name is Psych?"

     I heard him sigh. "You're a super hero. You chose the name of Psych because of your mutant powers."

    "Oh," I said. "What are my powers? I know that I'm a class five, and that's really high."

     "You have telepathic and telekinetic powers. You can read others' minds and control them. You can also move things in the air using your brain."

    My eyes widened. "Wow. Then how is that class five?"

    "You used them in a bad way, and they were taking control."

    I nodded. "Oh." I wasn't sure what else to say.

    I was angry at myself. How could I not remember any of this?

     "Now, if you will excuse me. I am in charge of this school, you know."

    I heard the door open then shut. I was alone.