Chapter XVII

Seventeen

HURT. THAT WAS the only emotion I felt. I was strapped onto a bed with that helmet over my head again. The Professor said my memories are going to cause a lot pain, and he'd help me.

     He hasn't helped me yet.

     I had stopped screaming, but I was still freaking out. I was trembling.

    The Professor said that there had been bigger problems than my panic attack. I wasn't sure what, but I could certainly hear what was going on. Storm pulled the curtains across the other half of the medical room, so I couldn't see.

     "Clear!" Then I heard the sound of a life pack 12 in use. Somebody was dead, or close to it.

    A woman with black hair and white bangs ran inside. She looked at me. She walked up to me and stopped. "Do you know who's in there?"

    I shook my head. "No. Do you?"

    She shook her head. "No. I heard that this person crashed right outside the mansion. He's a mutant."

     "What's your name again?"

    "Rogue," she said calmly. "The Professor warned me. I forgot, sorry."

    I shook my head. "No, it's fine. I was also supposed to thank you for saving me. But I'm not sure how you did."

    "I'll explain some other time."

    "Clear!" Another shout came from behind the curtain.

    "I see they strapped you down pretty good," Rogue looked at me.

   I nodded. "Yeah. I was freaking out. Logan stabbed me...was he trying to kill me?"

    The Professor came out from behind the curtain. "Hello, Rogue. It's a surprise seeing you down here."

   "I-I wanted to see the new mutant."

   "You can see him another time. He needs his rest."

   She nodded and exited the room.

   I looked at the Professor. "Who is the mutant?"

    "Don't worry about it." he pressed a button and lowered the bed down.

    Logan came running in. "Professor, don't do whatever you're about to do."

    "Why not?"

    "It's a bad idea."

    "Logan, I think I know the difference between bad and good. There is no good solution, this is simply the best."

    "What are you going to do to me?" I asked, beginning to tremble.

    He placed his hands a few inches away from my head. "Just relax, Andromeda."

    My eyes closed, and I saw memories leave my mind and get replaced with new ones.

    My name is Andromeda Pollitt. My best friend is Claire. I am close with my former history teacher, Logan, but no longer since school is starting up again. I am studying to become a doctor, to help Jean. Jean is sick at a hospital, and no one knows how long she'll be there.

     Jean has a boyfriend named Scott, who is like an older brother to me. He has lazar eyes, so he wears sun glasses. He went down to Texas with some other mutants on a field trip.

    I used to have an older brother named Casey, but he passed away from a car crash. I have a little brother named Oscar, and he and I get along very well.