Chapter 4

May 14, 2020 edited

Not perfect but better...No plot changes

M1 showed me the main house first and it was even bigger than I thought. He explained that the fifth floor was off limits unless I was told otherwise. Sure it sparked my interest but not enough to care at first then he said it held a few more bedrooms and a private office. That spark of interest died right after that. We walked outside and he showed me around the other homes of some of the families which once again I didn't really care about. Then there was the training center. The place was absolutely huge and away from all the homes. It had every piece of fitness equipment I thought possible as well as a few punching bags and a couple other things I didn't understand. That was just the first third of the building. The rest was completely open with some blue floor mats. There were a few guys there tossing their sparring partner over their shoulders but what caught my attention were the other men who were fighting on the concrete. I stared in awe as I watched them move like water. Each movement looked like it was perfectly choreographed. This building was amazing. Watching these fighters train was like a piece of art. I had to admit moving here without knowing what facilities they had was a huge concern. I had been working out on a regular basis for almost three years and kickboxing for the last two of those. I didn't want to give that up and now I wouldn't have to. If anything I might be able to learn more.

When my dad told me I had to start training I was not a happy camper but soon after I fell in love with it. The fire that raced through my body when I fought was incredible. The aggression I built up now had a release as well as kept me half sane and it helped me stay in control. It was my outlet to release all those emotions I fought against everyday especially after I lost him. Oh it probably wasn't the healthiest way to get rid of my anger but I liked it. I needed the adrenaline of a fight. I needed to feel the pain. The pain made me feel alive and helped me forget what had happened to me. It helped me never to feel weak again. Never to be another victim.

M1 was saying something that I was not paying attention to while I watched in awe at the men fighting in front of me still. I couldn't believe how they moved with such grace. I had never seen something so beautiful before. I wanted to learn. I needed to learn to move like that. "Do you fight like that?" I cut him off.

My question or maybe just me speaking caught him off guard. "Yes. Most of the mal...men do."

"Will you teach me?" I was still staring at the half a dozen men in front of us. A few had already stopped after we walked in and just watched us as we walked around.

"No." His answer held no negotiation.

My head snapped to give him a not so friendly glare. It was not the no he said that I had an issue with it was how he said it. "Fine I will find someone else."

"Women do not fight like that. They learn how to defend themselves but not how to fight." He explained in a voice that sounded like I had just asked to do something criminal.

I huffed at that. "Who's stupid rule is that? Nevermind I don't care. I have been kickboxing for over two years and fighting in general for almost three years." I walked away from him. What he just said was probably one of the most ridiculous things I had ever heard of.

The tension of the morning was coming back. I knew I had at least an hour before lunch and did not feel like being cooped up in my room so I jogged back towards the house and just walked around outside. I knew M1 was stopped by a couple of the guys that were training so at least I knew he wouldn't be following me. I have had enough quality time with him. Now I was in desperate need of alone time. After a few minutes and after seeing M1 leave I walked back to the training center and walked in the first set of doors that was closer to the equipment area.

Where I wanted to go was more in the corner so it gave me the illusion of being alone. Spotting the fridge I noticed earlier I grabbed a bottle of water and towel than headed towards the punching bag that hung from the high metal ceilings. Against the wall was a metal closet so I opened it in hopes to find what I needed and much to my surprise there was the tape I hoped they would have. Placing my earbuds back in, flipping on my ipod I let the hard thump of the music fill my body as I wrapped my hands. Satisfied with the job I did I gave a few test jabs to the bag. Even being well used it was a little harder than I was used to but it would more than do its job.

Forty Five minutes later after many punches, jabs, and kicks that welcoming burn spread through my body. Sweat covered my body as my breathing was heavy and laboured. I felt fantastic and relaxed. Well that was right after I took my earbuds out and grabbed my water bottle and noticed I had an audience. There behind me standing against the wall was M1, M2 and at least a dozen men standing there watching me. No it was more like out right staring at me. Some looked at me with a certain level of awe and surprise where the others looked disappointed or maybe it was anger. Oh and I couldn't ignore the way most of them looked at my body with lust.

"What!" I snapped.

"Ah it is time for lunch and your uncle wants to see you." M1 was the one to who spoke first.

My only acknowledgement was to take the tape of my hands and throw it away before tossing the empty water bottle in the recycle and the dirty towel in a basket. Grabbing my hoodie I started for the door. "And put on that dame sweater!" M1 barked. My response was flipping him off before busting through the door to head for the house where a shower was much needed.