Chapter 9

May 15, 2020 edited

Not perfect but better...No plot changes

When I woke up I quickly left a note on the outside of my door letting M1 know that I would not be running today because I wanted to make sure my hip was better. I knew it was but I wasn't in the mood to see M1 after the brief conversation about my so called 'gift'. I lost my virginity 3 years ago to someone I thought loved me. I was a stupid naive fool. Giving something away you could only give once only to have that person get up and smirk then say thanks babe as he left. Then just ignored me everyday after that. Giving it away may not have been the correct term. Forced? Pushed? Those words may have been more accurate but the past was the past. You can't change it so why dwell on it. Now if only I listened to my own words. That was the second time my heart was broken and the first my body was. After that was when my time in high school went from tolerable to hell. Gift my ass, it was a curse just like I told M1.

I never had sex again till after my dad died. The fighting, working out and kickboxing wasn't enough to take the pain away. I needed more. I needed physical contact so I reached out to a guy I used to hang out with. More like acquaintances. Someone I even knew to stay away from but in grief you don't always think clearly or make the right choices. We used each other not for love but sex. He used me for physical release and I used him for emotional release. It lasted 2 months before I realized that it was only a temporary fix and fighting once again became my first and foremost temporary release for the pain I carried inside of me. Add in the fact that what we had was not healthy at all. It didn't help me distinguish that touch meant only pain and aggression. Even in such a short time things can get warped in your head. That wasn't fair. I couldn't blame him for who I was. Sure he may have helped me on my views on sex but the other stuff happened before.

Leaving my golden brown wavy hair down today it hit just the top of my breast. I throw on a pair of boyfriend medium wash jeans. A black fitted V-neck T-shirt which I tucked in and added a black belt with a belt buckle that said 'BITE ME'. Deciding on a pair of hiking boots instead on my usual steel toed boots and I was ready. This was as feminine as I dressed. Looking in the mirror one final time I chuckled and wondered what M1 would have to say about my belt buckle. It was really too easy to rile that guy up.

Not really in the mood for a group of people today, not that I ever was, I waited for the last minute before heading downstairs to grab an apple and bottle of water before running out the door. I spotted M1 immediately as he waited out front of the SUV. Not saying a word I jumped in the passenger seat waiting for him to get in so he could drive me to school.

The ride was longer and full of tension. Neither of us spoke. I was actually looking forward to school just so I could get out of the car. Pulling in the parking lot I didn't wait for him to find a spot. As soon as he slowed down I had the door open which made him hit the brakes hard. I muttered my thanks before taking off. I heard him calling my name but ignored him and rushed inside.

Somehow yesterday I only saw Nick twice, once at lunch than of course in our only class together, physed. But today he seemed to show up at every corner. He was like a cockroach that slid between the smallest of cracks. He was outside by my locker before first class then between each class he was either there when I left the classroom or right before I entered the new one. He was never alone and always surrounded by a couple of friends and once with the skank patrol. He never made it obvious that he was watching me but I could feel his eyes on me. Just to confirm it I turned in his direction and caught him looking every time. Not once did he turn away first. No, that was all on me. I caught him staring and he either looked up and down my body and smirked or just smirked which in turn had me turning away first. I swear this guy had a death wish. He thought this was a game he could win but I knew he wouldn't. There was no way I would go near him with a ten foot pole. Oh don't get me wrong he was hot, like really hot. His sandy blond hair always seemed to have that perfectly shaped bed head look that should have looked sloppy but looked great on him. His deep brown eyes held specks of gold. His pouty lips looked so soft and beyond kissable. Then of course was the hard toned muscle body underneath his clothes. He stood just over 6 feet tall and already looked more like a man than an 18 year old boy just turning into one. I didn't need to see the girls swarm at his feet to know how much he was wanted. Just looking at him screamed danger and sex. That was not what turned me off though. Add in his cockness and the ability to pick on those he believed was beneath him which was most of the school. He reminded me of my one and only boyfriend. And that was the main reason I wanted nothing to do with him at all.

So far the day went by without any issues. Of course I saw that kid from yesterday that Drew had shoved in gym class. He had a small yellow bruise on his cheek bone from the fall I was assuming. He seemed to be a little more cautious today but that didn't prevent him from being shoved into a locker with a large shoulder from one of Drew's asshole friends. What was with these guys? Did they know that by picking on someone half their size made them look even weaker?

Gym was interesting though. We were doing our run and this time I did not hold back since the coach was actually timing us. What surprised me was that everytime Drew tried to get close to me, I was assuming to get a little payback Nick always seemed to stand between us to get Drew's attention on something else. There was even one time when Drew started to walk up to the kid he pushed yesterday, which I now knew his name was Jason, and Nick stopped that as well. Nick did not seem like the kinda guy who would help anyone but here he was preventing a possible problem. I wondered if he was doing it on purpose or just needed more attention than he was already receiving.

I didn't think too much about it. I had a feeling Nick only did things to benefit himself. Since gym class ended a bit early I decided to have a quick shower at school before heading out to wait for M1. There was no waiting needed since he was already there standing beside Nick chatting away. I ignored them both and jumped in the passenger seat.

"Drew needed my car so I am getting a ride with you guys. "Nick explained when he jumped in the back seat. Neither myself or M1 commented.

Halfway home I could feel the tension rise but it was not coming from me or M1. Nick broke our peaceful quietness. "So what did you guys do last night?" Ah he was a talker, that explained the uncomfortable silence that he was generating.

M1 grumbled nothing as his hands tightened around the steering wheel. While I on the other hand smirked. Looking over my shoulder at Nick who ended up seating behind M1 while I could feel his eyes on me the whole time. "Nothing too much but letting M1's magical hands cure my pains."

"Mac!" M1 shouted in disgust while Nick said, "Tony?" He sounded more surprised than anything. "Did you...both of you?" Nick stumbled over his words.

"No! Dammit Mac you can't say stuff like that! She hurt her hip and I helped stretch it out and that is ALL!" It was cute how M1 blushed and seemed uncomfortable. I was really starting to enjoy busting his balls. Hmm maybe a new hobby in the making?

"Oh," Nick said, sounding more relieved than he had a right to be. The last five minutes were quiet. Thankfully. Nick seemed to be deep in thought. M1 looked between annoyed and flustered. Then there was me who sat comfortably in the passenger seat enjoying the view.

When we stepped out of the car it was when M1 who turned to speak. "I will meet you at 7 in the training center." He grumbled. I was thinking that was the only tone he had, well at least towards me.

"What's happening at the training center?" Nick asked as I nodded and headed inside leaving them both talking by the car.