Chapter 26

May 17, 2020 edited

Not perfect but better...No plot changes

I slept in and felt a lot better when I woke up. I had at least half my energy back, the bags under my eyes have faded and I was only a little pale. So far so good. M1 knocked on my door and we went down for breakfast. He didn't push for the dining hall which was another bonus. After breakfast we went for a walk. I felt restless from the lack of running and training but I even knew not to push my luck yet so when he asked if I wanted to go for a walk in the woods I was all over that.

Between the training, school, and avoiding as many people as possible walking in the woods didn't even cross my mind. I missed it so much. It reminded me of all the times when my dad used to take me hiking. Things were peaceful being surrounded by nothing but trees and wildlife, it just over all felt right. It always felt like home which made a lot more sense now. It also explained when my dad used to laugh and respond with 'It's our home away from home. It was where we could be our true selves.' My heart cracked a little remembering all those times with my dad. He was so happy then. He looked so at peace when we spent days out in the woods. I guess him and his wolf really missed it. Now I guess it was my turn to either accept what I was to become or fight it like my dad. Not that he turned out so well but like M1 said I was strong and too stubborn not to fight. But then again I always thought my dad was the strongest person I knew. Hell I didn't know what to think anymore.

When I started to slow down, M1 found us a log to sit on and we just enjoyed the warm sun on our faces and the slight breeze that caressed my hair. It was there that he started to explain things in more detail. Like how far he could hear. What he could smell. What it was like to have a wolf and be one with that wolf. Oh he also brought up a thing called mind link. That I wasn't too keen on. He didn't go into too much detail about that besides we could talk to others in our pack through our mind. He changed that subject fast as soon as I started to get uncomfortable. As if I wanted someone knowing what I was thinking? Shit, I got myself in enough trouble when I didn't speak, never mind if they heard what was on my mind. No thank you!

He also brought up mates again. He was really hung up on this topic and I didn't know why. Finding a mate would be the last thing on my mind. I really hoped I didn't have one. He wasn't even sure since my mom was human if these things all worked the same for me as they did for him. He thought so because I was already so much stronger and faster than a regular human. I guess only time will tell.

A couple hours later I was reaching information overload so we decided to head back. I loved being out in the woods but there was still so much to think about. I had a big decision to make. But did I really have one to make? I knew my options and if I wanted to stay alive that left one choice. Then there was the fact that I was still thinking about leaving. M1 did tell me I couldn't be out on my own, well not without a pack. I saw my dad change and I knew if I was on my own things would probably not go well after this little talk. I carried around too much anger as it was. I would probably lose it and become one of those worst case scenarios which of course would end up with my own death. The real question was how many people would I take down with me? What if I hurt M1? I would never forgive myself for that. Hell, I would welcome death if I ever hurt him. Even Nick was starting to wiggle himself on that very short list of people I liked. M1 was even on the shorter list of people I respected. Nick wasn't on the second list but was on the borderline on being put on that list.

But what if I left and moved to another pack. What would happen then? Would it be the same shit but in a new place? Would I find another M1? Did I really want to find another when he was already here? Maybe M1 would come with me! Of course in the back of my head Jenson kept on popping in my head. I can't deny that there was this weird thing I felt for him but I also knew he hated me and that hurt more than I would ever admit. That first day I saw him he said I could not leave. Would he still try to stop me or push me out the door? There were just too many damn questions and not enough answers. Hell, there was no answer till the time came for some of them. For the first time in years the future scared the crap out of me.

M1 and I walked back to the house where he left me in the kitchen stating he had some stuff to do then meet up with the Alpha. I was ok with that. My head was a little more clear to think straight and I needed time by myself. Grabbing a light lunch I sat and ate before finding my way back to my room. Unfortunately or maybe it was fortunate that I ended up dozing off before my mind went too deep in thought.

The next thing I knew I bolted straight up in bed. I wasn't sure what woke me since I heard nothing and I felt fine. Ok better than fine. I was close to feeling like my old self. Sure my ribs hurt where the bruises were but besides that I was feeling pretty good. Not wanting to ruin my mood I checked the time and decided to head down stairs.

Dinner had become my favourite and least favourite time of the day. Eating was on the positive side and the homemade meals here were always delicious. The downside was being around all the people. I usually tried to wait till I was pretty sure most of the people, or should I say pack, had made it to the dining hall but luck was not holding up. Should have known since things went decent all day till now. I was halfway done my meal when I heard a few familiar deep voices followed by a giggle or two. Great, Jenson and his crew were about to walk into the kitchen.