Chapter 30

May 17, 2020 edited

Better but not perfect...No plot changes

TONY'S POV

Putting Mac to bed was a lot easier than I expected. She was out cold. That task done, I lead Corey to the Alpha's office. I mind linked him when we were in Mac's room and he said to come right down. He did not sound happy at all.

When we reached the office I knocked once then entered. Alpha Alexander was alone and standing at the window staring out into the woods. We sat down in the chairs we had earlier and waited. He seemed lost in thought and I was not going to interrupt his moment. "I don't know where I went wrong with that boy." he mumbled but I think more to himself. Neither myself or Corey responded.

After a couple more minutes he turned around and headed back to his desk where he sat and gave us his full attention. "I am assuming this has to do with Mac?" He chuckled, probably due to the shock on my face. It still amazed me with the stuff he knew when he shouldn't. "What did you tell him?" He asked me.

"Not much. Just about the touching thing and it takes her a while to warm up to people. Oh also it would be best to basically stay away from her at the moment," I informed him.

He laughed again. "Well that was putting it mildly. Ok here it is. This alone could be a deal breaker for you. Oh and no Jenson still does not know why you are really here. I will deal with that myself. Anyways Mac's mom was human but she has more of the werewolf gene than we thought. She is stronger and faster than a human. Hell, she is almost as strong as some of my lower warriors. She will be shifting soon with or without our help. We just told her all this and she took it extremely well. Maybe even a little too well," he stopped to think. I was glad I wasn't the only one who thought that. "The problem is her anger. She is a very angry young woman. Things had happened to her that we just found out about and so did everyone else thanks to my inconsiderate son. With what I just found out she has earned her anger but now we have to help her and her wolf to deal with things in a better way. I think her wolf is fighting to get out in order to protect her from her past and as well as her future. Her father lost his human mate when Mac was maybe 5 years old. From what we have found out so far he had kept himself and his wolf together till she was 12. But without a pack it was a losing battle. We are pretty sure he never physically hurt her but that is about it. When she was 14 we believed she was either forced to have sex or made to feel very guilty if she didn't. After that the bullying started and her so called ex boyfriend was the cause. She also may have been attacked by some boys but were stopped before things went too far. Remember we just found this out and nothing is confirmed but from what I saw tonight I believe it all to be true. Then after her father died she went a little off the rails again. The boy she spent time with is now in jail for sexual assault, assault and possession. She is a very smart bright girl. She is extremely committed to training and exercises almost everyday. With her temper, lack of mate and just the overall survival rate being low there is a better than good chance she will turn feral if she survives." So far Corey was listening intently and held no reaction but there was still more. I was wondering if my Alpha was going to tell him everything.

Alpha Alexander sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. He looked mentally and physically tired. "There is another problem. We were pretty sure that my idiot son was her mate. That was till the little scene today. Now I just don't know. The signs were all there even if he says she is not his and especially after... He will reject her and that will tip the scales to having a chance of making it out to slim to none. Mac is Thomas' niece and he already feels guilty for not finding her sooner and I feel just as bad because I have an idiot for a son. But...a part of me understands his delima. Mac is strong. Probably one of the strongest she-wolves I have met but she has a temper and does not like many people. Those qualities are not one of a Luna. I have no doubt she would not protect what is hers physically but there is the emotional part that is involved as well. Mac would fail at that greatly. Then again my Lola is great for the emotional and nurturing part but if she had to fight...let's just say it would not go well. So I am conflicted on that. Plus, there still is the factor she will most likely go feral." As soon as my Alpha was done he slumped back in his chair.

The room was quiet for a few minutes. I had nothing to add. I did understand where the Alpha was coming from and if I wasn't personally involved I might even agree but I was involved. I wasn't going to let Mac go without a fight.

"What are your opinions Tony?" Corey asked as he turned in his seat to watch me.

I shook my head. "I can't give you an objective view. I am too personally involved. Maybe even more than anyone. If you are asking my personal opinion I think she will make it through the change. Will her wolf be feral? I honestly do not know. Will Mac fight as hard as she can? Yes she will. She is a fighter. She won't give up."

Corey nodded. He looked at me one last time than to Alpha Alexander. "Thank you both for letting me in on this." He stood up and looked straight ahead. "A part of me really wishes I was in Jenson's shoes right now. I need to talk to my father. I will not tell him any details about this but I need to speak to him. He may or may not have information on this." With that little piece of information he walked out the door.

Both myself and Alpha Alexander watched him leave and then still stared at the closed door. I turned back to see my Alpha with just as confused look on his face as I had on mine. What did he mean he wishes he was in Jenson's shoes right now? And what information could help Mac?