(2) Oh They Do

"WOAAAHHH!"

"Noah stop screaming!" I shouted before pinching Noah's side. He flinched and jerked the motorbike to the side, screeching it to a halt.
"Hey, I was finally having fun!"

"Tough it's my turn now because we're at the wall if you haven't noticed already dumbass,"

He slowly turned his face away from mine to see the 15feet tall stone wall marking the end of No Man's Land, or Societal Grounds as it's professionally known.

No Man's Land, is where anybody, of all statuses whether you're a Sinner, Normal or a Perfect are allowed to mix. The Officials Building lies directly in the centre, surrounded by the schools, shops, hospitals and parks.
The Societal Grounds held everything. Everything but one thing: Our homes.

Three clear sections, marked by these walls, were made for each group. You could mix during the day but at night you had to stay with your group. No exceptions.
Well apart from tonight of course.

"Are we gonna wait here for him to meet us?"

"Nah I need to show him something so we are gonna go right up to his front door!"

I threw my leg over my bike so I was now seated at the front, my hands draping comfortably on the handlebars.

"Wait what? How?" Noah stood staring at me, visibly confused. "Georgie we can't go into the Norms sector without an escort, an Official will have to let us throu-"

"Just get on already. I'll show you."

When I felt Noah's hand snake around my waist, I slowly started to move the bike forward. I stopped when we reached an opening in the wall only a few feet away, the entrance into the Norms Sector.

"Take one step through the opening without disabling it first would result in instant death," I said in a serious tone.

"Wait for real? Seriously!"

I laughed. "No, you idiot. This is the Officials doorway to the Norm homes, there wouldn't be an instant kill. But if they catch us without and escort we'd definitely be given a few years in a cell."

"So tell me oh smart one, how does one disable the sensor and get through without an escort?"

"Punch the right code in duh" I smirked.

I reached over to the side of the opening where a small keypad lay open. A little red light sat glowing above the numbers; locked.

It wasn't too hard to guess what the code was.
The natural oils on people's finger tips slowly wear away the painted numbers, leaving a few of the keys  noticeably more used than others. Now the code was narrowed down from 10 numbers, down to 4.

"Georgie being Georgie knows the code I'm guessing?"

"Of course,"
I pulled down the sleeve of my shirt to cover my finger tip before lightly pressing the 4 numbers in order.

The order however was harder to retrieve. Luckily the key pads were old, meaning the most worn away key would be the first number in the code. And the clearest one out of the 4, would be last. Assuming the numbers could be used more than once, there was still 10,000 possible combinations left.

So I did what any normal person would do; I recorded an Official typing in the number. Sitting and waiting for an escort would definitely be less time consuming than typing in every combination. Then finally, after a few personal attempts, I got it.