(5) Georgie Walter, you're a sin

The loneliness made me shiver subconsciously but I couldn't tell if the pinpricks down my spine were from the lack of company of from the fact I felt two eyes watching my every move.
I shook away the feeling, stretching my arms out into a yawn.

I swung my leg over the bike and sat deep into my seat. I waited for a pair of arms to wrap around my torso but smiled stupidly when I remembered I was alone.

I rode slowly for less than 10 minutes before my bike swerved sideways and screeched horribly before squeaking to a stop.
"Shit" I mumbled under my breath as I turn to see my bike tyre had busted. I hopped off, mumbling more colourful words as I saw a slash across my tyre.

I stood up abruptly when I saw the small knife lying beside my bike.
It must have been thrown. Someone threw a knife to slash my wheel.

I staggered back, pulling my helmet off so I could see in all directions. The back road I had taken was lacking in street lights, with only one in the far distance flickering on and off.
I realised I was in the downtown of the Norms. This is where the Norms go when they are disowned as they start to become Sins.

I slowly dragged my bike to the side of the road and slid it between two bushes in hope of hiding it as best as I could before the morning when I could get a new tyre to it. I stupidly rushed back to the middle of the road to have a closer look at the knife when a voice caught my attention.

"What's a perfect like you doing round 'ere love?"

I snap my head round to see a broad man, with a bald head and a scruffy black jacket. I'm about to reply, tell him I'm far from a perfect when I see two more men join him.
I hitched my breath in panic as I saw a glint of metal in one of their hands.

I could easily outrun them for sure. The two hundred pound men wouldn't be able to sprint for long but I would have to stop to put the code and card in. I was not going to risk stopping or even letting them see that I have a card.
I decided I should aim for Tom's house. It wasn't too far, maybe a 10-minute run since I rode my bike slowly.

"I'll ask you again, what are you doing here?"
The centre man asked again. I watched carefully as he took a few steps forward, and then so did his mates. He moves, they follow.

"I live around here," I said as confidently as I could, ignoring the small pinprick on my hand indicating I was lying. As long as they don't see the scars on my arms I could easily pass for a Norm, maybe.
I had the neck of my shirt far up and my sleeves rolled down, the only skin showing was my hands and in the dark, it was hard to see the dark scars.

"See the thing is love you don't look like you're from 'ere, how about you come with us and we'll help ya"

I suddenly felt a hand clasp around my forearm, luckily my left arm. Shock caved in. I was not expecting his mates to be beside me so quickly. With the adrenaline pumping, I swung my right arm around striking the man square the face, hopefully damaging, if not breaking, his nose. The hand didn't release from my arm but his strong grip ripped the arm off my long sleeve shirt as he staggered back.

The whole of my arm was now on show. Hundreds of dark scars were now visible. I just prayed it was too dark for them to see.

Almost straight away someone grabbed my right arm. I turned and slammed the front of my boot into the second guys' shin before punching him in the jaw with my freed right hand.
I let out a low grunt as he does also, cradling my hand in my arms. My fist screamed in pain as I tried to move each finger slowly. I squeezed and opened my palm a few times quickly to test that I hadn't completely mashed up my hand. The pain started to fade so I shook it out and started to make a run for it.