PROLOGUE | Pain Makes People Change

[ m a i n c a s t ]these are my preferences, imagine anyone!

[ m a i n c a s t ]
these are my preferences, imagine anyone!

francisco lachowski as CARTER MATTHEWS

victoria justice as ZARA ARYA

kris wu as XANTHE HALE

ashley moore as LISA MONTEZ

[ p r o l o g u e ]0 — pain makes people change

[ p r o l o g u e ]
0 — pain makes people change

What if a good boy turned bad?

CARTER MATTHEWS WAS never the one to rebel, he would always do his homework on time. Sit on the closest seat next to the teachers desk, he would never miss the opportunity to be the teachers pet.

He didn't care about what people thought of him. Quite frankly, Carter enjoyed being good - he felt that if you do good to the world, the world would treat you good back. Everything went according to plan in his world, everything went well until one day.

It was an early morning, Carter would always attend school early so he could help teachers mark test papers. Although the average student would want to spend every minute of their morning sleeping, Carter wouldn't. An early bird like him would spend his time in school.

Students were actually in school early for once, Carter was happy for them. He was proud of his classmates for actually turning up to school early, he worshipped good behaviour like it was some sort of religion.

"Carter, the new girl wants to talk to you in the janitors closet." One of the girls from Carter's advanced history class informed him, of course he listened to her due to being the school's self proclaimed good boy.

The new girl made Carter's heart warm up, her beautiful brown hair that cascaded near her waist. To Carter, she was the most gorgeous person to set foot in this high school. He loved how she treated him so nicely, how she would help him after every lesson to clean up the classroom.

Zara Arya was the new girl, the new girl Carter Matthew had the biggest crush on. The moment he set eyes on her, he knew that she was someone immensely special - someone who made his bookworm heart burst with sheer happiness.

Carter made his way towards the janitors closet, he was too blinded by his admiration for Zara to even realise it was all one big trap made by the kids of his high school.

He opened the door, expecting the beautiful brunette to be smiling widely at him, not one of the bullies that who messed around with him.

"Expecting someone?" Bryce the school's biggest bully taunted, he had a baseball bat in his hand.

Carter jolted back. He had never enjoyed Bryce's attitude towards him, the aura of darkness that always oozed out of him made Carter feel severely uncomfortable.

"Where is Zara?" Carter asked Bryce innocently, he was looking for his crush. He was too innocent to realise it was all one set up by Bryce and some other students in his class.

"She's coming later, let's talk Carter." Bryce flashed his crooked teeth, pulling Carter into the compact janitor closet. Carter felt claustrophobic being in a compacted room with the biggest bully in the school, tight places always made him feel scared.

"T-Talk about what?" Carter choked out, trying his best to avoid looking at Bryce.

Bryce slammed his tight fist on to Carter's limp figure, causing Carter to fall on to his knees harshly. Bryce looked at the thin boy with amusement, Carter's pain made Bryce feel happy. He loved picking on Carter, since he was always innocent and would never tell on him.

He held the baseball bat in his hand, he looked at Carter one last time before slamming it on to his head. Carter screamed out in agony, begging Bryce to stop. But Bryce never stopped, he never stopped.

"Next time you flirt with Zara, remember she has a status," Bryce spat out, kicking Carter's bruised figure. "Nobody will ever like you, popular people don't go for dorks."

With that, Bryce left the janitors closet. Locking Carter inside, in a dark place with nobody - nobody but his bleeding self and the empty void of darkness surrounding him.

From that day, Carter Matthews was never seen again.

[ e n d o f p r o l o g u e ]
#1 — authors note

well this is a new turn, it's time for some good boy turned bad books. bryce reminds me of that disgusting rapist from thirteen reasons why, i just had to use him as the bully.

this book is written in first person from chapter one, the prologue was just in third person for you to get a view on how carter's life used to be before he turned bad.

i hope you guys enjoy this story, it's something i've always wanted to write about. vote, comment, and share. it would be much appreciated.

[ start date — 14|04|18 ]
[ end date — ]