Chapter 3 | Just a good boy gone bad

[ c h a p t e r  t h r e e ]3 — just a good boy gone bad

[ c h a p t e r t h r e e ]
3 — just a good boy gone bad

[ z a r a ]
— point of view

In Lintez High, there are people who believe that they're better than everyone. Bryce being one of those very people, after the day Carter had completely thrashed him - he seemed to be spending most of his days in the hospital due to his fractured jaw.

People like Bryce always seem to think about themselves, they think they're selfless but in reality they're just selfish. Inflicting pain on others for the satisfaction is completely incredulous, only narcissistic people have mindsets like that.

In my opinion, Lisa shouldn't be defending someone who she speaks bad of every time, she should accept the reality that Bryce is a toxic person who only seems to be causing other people stress in their lives.

That's another thing that ruins the people of Lintez High, the girls here are practically idolising the fact that if a guy is rude to you, he likes you. Honey that is wrong in many ways, a guy should not earn your love by inflicting pain on you. In fact they should be nice, they shouldn't hurt you constantly until it's near to the point you're blinded that it is love.

"Listen," Lisa says quietly, she looks at me with a frown etched on to her face. "I'm sorry for defending Bryce, I got a little carried away with my feelings." Lisa's words didn't seem genuine, she was only saying this so she could have me by her side. After all that's all people want these days.

They want me as decoration, they crave attention.

However Lisa was the only girl I could stand in this whole school, the other girls would go behind my back and spread disgusting rumours that are totally uncalled for. It hurt to know that people would go to such an extent to gain attention.

I try my best to mimic a smile, perhaps failing miserably. "It's okay, I shouldn't have shouted at you." I was lying, I did mean to shout at her, she deserved it for defending somebody as disgusting as Bryce.

Lisa throws me a bright smile, her pearly white teeth come into view. "Yeah, you should've gone easy on me." she mutters under her breath, but I heard it loud and clear.

"So would you like to go to eat lunch?" Lisa questions, her eyes glued to her phone that she just pulled out from her pocket. I sigh, she was too hooked on to her phone to even notice me rolling my eyes in distress.

I shrug my shoulders, flinging my bag over my shoulder. "Let's go, there's only twenty minutes of lunch period left."

Lisa simply nods her head, her eyes still stuck on her phone. I'm surprised she's not bumping into any students as she has her whole focus on to her phone.