Chapter 7 | The boy who doesn't want to be saved

[ c h a p t e r  s e v e n ]7 — the boy who doesn't want to be saved

7 — the boy who doesn't want to be saved

[ z a r a ]
— point of view

I find it sickening how people don't feel remorse when they insult others, don't they feel a single bit of guilt when they shatter someone's mentality?

Bryce was back at his antics, his clenched fist in the air and a freshman cowering down in fear. I felt like intervening, I felt like I had the right to stop this from happening. I wasn't the same girl who would stand around and let him hurt others, I was a stronger alternative.

Carter's words got into my head. He told me I was like Lisa, I know for sure I wasn't like her. My mind wasn't as twisted and corrupt as hers. I know I have potential, I have the potential to prevent bad things from happening.

"Didn't I tell you to finish my chemistry work?" Bryce hisses, his left hand gripping on the freshman's shirt. The freshman was shaking as people watch him get bullied effortlessly by Bryce.

"I-I didn't have time." the boy cries, thump. Bryce had slammed the poor boy into the lockers behind him. I clench my fists as I marched towards the scene, it was funny how Bryce was still bullying people after Carter's warning.

"Let him go." I clench my jaw, pushing him away from the freshman. Bryce however chuckles, my push hadn't affected him at all. He grabs my wrist, tightens his grip on it — it felt as if my blood circulation was being stopped.

I notice the freshman quickly running off, he didn't even thank me. I guess that's what you get for helping people, nothing but a cold gesture.

Bryce pushes me against the locker, his bulky arms trapping me in between. He moves his face closer, a freakishly evil expression takes over his face.

"Why now? Out of all days you watch me mercilessly bully people, you stop me now." he says darkly, his angered expression slightly frightening me.

I didn't have any words to say to him. I didn't know why today was the day I wanted to stop Bryce from bullying his victims. Was I really that affected by Carter's words? I just wanted to prove him wrong by standing up for someone.

Bryce nears closer. "Oh I see," his expression darkens as he slams me harder back on to the locker. "Carter gave you the guts to say things like this, but he's not here right now so I can do anything I want to you." he whispers as I wince in pain.

"Stop, it hurts." I mumble, he was tightly gripping on to both of my wrists. But he doesn't stop, he tightens his grip even more as I prevent myself from screaming but the pain was too immense to not make a sound about it.

People were watching us, they didn't say anything. They treated everything like it was a normal situation, they let Bryce deal with his victims. They only did that so they won't become his next victim.

Then Bryce was thrown back by someone else, I watch as his body falls limp on to the hard marble floor. I look up to find Riven Erendor who held a blank expression as he grabbed Bryce by the throat, slamming harder against the locker.

But he doesn't say anything as Bryce whimpers in pain.

I felt grateful for Riven's presence, maybe I was wrong. People who don't want to be saved, save others. Just because he takes pills, it doesn't mean he doesn't care about a person.

Riven looks at Bryce's battered face one last time before punching him straight across the face, people gasp as they notice Riven punching him.

But before he went too far he stopped. Riven left Bryce on the floor before grabbing me by the arm, pulling me away from the scene. I felt grateful for his presence, if he wasn't here Bryce would've done something horrible.

Riven releases my arm.

"Thank you," I say but he was already walking away towards the opposite direction, pretending as if we didn't know each other. I frown, maybe that's how he's like. A quiet yet daring person nobody is able to figure out.

»»————- ♔ -————««

My mind continuously flows back to the situation with Riven, he seemed like someone who didn't give a damn about anyone in the school. But when he saved me from Bryce's bullying, he seemed so different.

I hear the chair beside me screech, only for me to realise it was Lisa. She didn't look happy, her angered expression made me feel insecure. Was she going to destroy our toxic friendship? Without her ,I would be alone.

Alone in the crowded high school halls.

She takes a seat on the chair, her gaze un-withering. "Why am I hearing rumours about you jumping in between Bryce's victim and him?" she questions, her eyes seemed thirsty for my response.

"I did."

Lisa frowns, her eyes darkening. "You know how we both ignore it, we ignore it so we can keep our flawless image to the students in this high-school! How could you ruin it all today?" she yells, we were alone in homeroom. The other students haven't arrived yet.

"It had to stop, I can't just watch him relentlessly bully those poor kids who do nothing." I defend myself, enough was enough. Lisa doesn't have the right to decide what I do, nor does she have the right to shout at me.

"Even if you save those kids, he'll find them again." she tells me. The only way to stop a crude bully like Bryce was to find evidence against him and get him expelled.

"I'll do it again, I'll jump in between each and every one of his confrontations." I state confidentially, even it troubled me and even if it gets me hurt. No student in this school should be able to face his bullying.

I'll take down Bryce Walker, I'll find enough evidence to get him expelled. He deserves the worst, unless he's able to redeem himself and stop the bullying. But with Bryce, he'll never stop, the pain he gained was pleasure.

A dark pleasure.

That

Never

Stops.

[ e n d  o f  c h a p t e r  s e v e n ]
#8 — authors note

do you like riven? what are your opinions on lisa? do you think bryce is getting out of control, does he deserve the punches riven gave him?

there are so many issues i want to go through in this book, i reread the chapters of this book and it inspired me to complete it, there's so much potential in this book. there's issues that are waiting to be discovered and spoken about. i hope you guys remain on this journey with me.

i want to thank you guys for 12,000 reads, i will make sure i update this book constantly and that's a promise. i hope we can make this book do as well as my other books, this book is much closer to my heart. vote, comment, and share <3