Ch. 6

(Author's Note: I have been busy writing to make up for lost time, I hope this story continues yo inspire others)

Joan P.O.V.

The trees twinkled as their leaves swayed in the windless greenhouse. The air was filled with the sweet smell of freshly fallen rain. I sense the presence of the fairy wolf in a room on the second floor, his power glowing strong in comparison to my own. His very presence causing the plants to flourish, even the sacred willows themselves.

I chuckle to myself softly, thinking of the way he has no idea of his power.

This young wolf has so much potential, and he doesn't even realize it yet. I imagine that he was never trained in magic, that would explain his ignorance. Maybe Davris would let me teach him, if he would be able to stop cuddling him for long enough.

I hear the ringing of the church bells from the nearby town. I exit the greenhouse, walking up the spiraling staircase leading to the tower of the elders. It was time for the weekly meeting of elders. But this week would be special, for we would finally discuss the fate of our pack’s first male luna.

Davris P.O.V.

I sit staring into the eyes of the most beautiful creature in existence. His pale green eyes twinkle as he is deeply engrossed in a book on butterflies. He looks so cute when he is thinking.

My session of deep thought was rudely interrupted by the buzzing of my phone. I watch as my beautiful little Carakii jumps at the sound, his moment of concentration ruined by the slight buzzing of a phone. I feel the anger rise in my chest. Who would dare interrupt us?

I answer the phone. “What do you want???”

“Alpha?? Is that you?? The rogues have came back……...They say that you lied to them……..that what you took was far more valuable than what they were paid…….. Please alpha…….Get down here”

I was stunned. What could these rogues do against one of the most powerful packs in the world? How dare they threaten us. I look at Carakii one last time before standing to leave the room.

“Where are you going?” he asks.

I feel the longing urge to stay with him, but I must protect my pack, for it is my sworn duty.

“I will be right back my love” I tell him.

Using almost all of my willpower, I leave the room to go to the ground floor where the rogues await me.

Carakii P.O.V.

I watch as Davris leaves the room, wishing that he could stay just a little longer. I try to distract myself from worrying, but no matter what I do, I still worry for him.

I walk to the window, hoping to see even a glimpse of Davris. I look into the afternoon, the greenhouse shining brightly as the sun reflects off it’s glass. I see birds flying in the distance, and hear the faint rustling of leaves as the wind blows the vines that climb the side of the building.

I open the window to let in fresh air, only to smell the ranced scent of a rogue.

I begin to panic. I watch as a hand reaches over the ledge of the window, pulling up the body of its owner. I instinctively back away, hiding behind the bed, praying that he doesn’t notice me.

“I know you're in here you little runt, come out or I will be forced to take action.”

I hear footsteps as he approaches the bed in which I hide behind. I feel hands grab me from behind, pulling me out from hiding.

“ Let me go!!” I cry

He laughs and pulls me by my collar towards the window. I struggle and begin kicking and thrashing in an attempt to escape, but to no effect. only end up knocking over the potted fern in the corner.

Reaching for it, I try to find something to hold on to. I suddenly feel a surge of energy flow through me. The fern rapidly grows, it lashes out at the rogue, its leaves unnaturally sharp, stabbing into the rogue as he screams in pain.

He releases me and I scurry away from him.

“Y-you sick bastard, using such dark magics. You're a monster!!” the rogue yells, as he bleeds out.

I hear the stomping of footsteps and yelling from behind the door. It bursts open, revealing a group of rugged looking men in leather armor, the symbol of Davris’s pack embroidered into the leather.

They take one look at the rogue bleeding out, and the back away. One of them points a crossbow at me, as if to shoot me if I do anything.

“GET AWAY FROM HIM!!!!” yells a familiar voice.

Davris bursts into the room, tackling the man with the crossbow. The others back away fast.

“A-alpha??” cries the man.

Davris looks at him, his eyes filled with anger. I rush to him and pull him off of the man. The man quickly crawls away as I hold back my angry mate.

Davris looks at me, calming down a bit. He glances towards the rogue, who is now unconscious.

“Did you do this?” he asks me.

I nod, feeling awful that I hurt another person. I expect that Davris would scold me, but instead he hugs me.

“I’m glad you're safe” he whispers into my ear.

He then proceeds to apologize to the man that he tackled. After explaining to him that I was his mate, the man shook his head, but still looked at me in a fearful manner. The other men had already left the room at the command of their alpha.

Davris walks to the unconscious rogue, and pulls him from the sharp prison of leaves in which he was contained.

The rogue groans and Davris drags him from the room. I hear yelling from the hallway and the shuffling of footsteps. Davris returns, covered in the blood of the rogue, but I somehow knew that the blood was not of Davris’s doing, but my own.

I feel the guilt fill me, and I begin crying. Davris grabs my waist and pulls me into his lap, rubbing my back and repeatedly stating “It will be ok”. I eventually fall asleep in the protective grasp of his arms.

Joan P.O.V.

I return from the meeting with my head held high. I had successfully convinced the council that the fairy wolf was safe to have around, not that they could have stopped my nephew from keeping him here, but the support of the elders goes a long way.

As I walk into the entryway of the house, I notice the blood on the floor, and the holes in the wall. I hear the dragging of bodies across the floor as I watch the omegas clean up the room.

I walk up the staircase, carefully dodging the puddle of blood dripping down it, and walk to my nephew’s room.

I find the room open, and see my nephew snuggled with his mate, fast asleep. If it weren't for the massive amount of blood by the window, I would have awed at the scene.

I carefully examine the grotesque plant that had seemingly warped itself into a position of attack, its leaves dripping blood on to the wooden floor.

Waiving my staff, I sense the powerful magic that had created the plant, and it was coming from the chair in which my nephew snuggled his mate.

So Carakii could use magic after all. This changes things, if the rival packs found out about him, they would likely try to kill him. The poor thing doesn't even know the amount of power he holds within him.

I begin leaving the room, but I cannot resist taking a picture of the sleeping couple. Taking out my phone, I snap a picture of them.

“So adorable” I whisper to myself, before exiting the room.

I spend the rest of the day making sure that they aren't disturbed. I may have been able to keep out the omegas, and even the betas, but I could not keep out the one person that Davris hates above all others, his father.