Ch. 7

(Author's Note: Final post of the day, the most tragic event thus far)

~Warning: Negative Language Ahead~

Davris P.O.V.

I awaken to a loud noise. Sniffing the air I smell the scent of alcohol, along
with a scent I hoped I would never have to smell again, the scent of my
father.

After my mother’s death, he had turned to alcohol for comfort. He was no longer the father I had once known, yelling frequently and beating on those of lesser rank. He was forced out of his alpha position by the council of elders, and he blamed me for this.

The sheer fact that he was here terrified me. I wrap my arm protectively over Carakii, who is fast asleep. I hear the door burst open, my father walks in, the smell of beer lingering in the air around him. He stumbles as he walks, carrying a bottle of beer in his left hand.

“Davris………” he slurs.

At this point he notices my mate. He turns so red that he looks as if he is
about to blow up. The look of disgust on his face is enough to tell me that
he does not approve. I pull Carakii closer to me. I was not about to let him get hurt. Carakii opens his eyes, looking around frantically, noticing my father and his disapproving gaze.

“So this is your little slut of a mate, looks like a runt to me. I always knew you were weak, but I didn’t think you were this weak.”

These comments caused Carakii to flinch, as if reminding him of his awful past. I growl as my father gets closer to my mate.

“What do you want, you useless excuse of a father?” I snarl at him.

“Why, I wanted to see the mate of my son, I was curious to see if she was
as weak as her mate. As it turns out, she isn’t even a she, but a he. Look
how he flinches at my words, so weak and pitiful.” He chuckles as he
drunkenly waves his bottle of beer.

He grabs Carakii’s arm, pulling him away from me. I growl loudly, my wolf preparing to kill this man who dares threaten my mate. I look and see the
look of horror on the face of my mate, my father effortlessly lifting him in the air.

“That’s enough Richard” exclaims a voice from behind my father.

Aunt Joan stands behind my father, glaring threateningly towards him.

“Ah, well if it isn’t my sister in law, how are you, you useless old hag. Still great at looking old I see”

Aunt Joan looks as if she could kill him in an instant, her normally peaceful expression changed to a face of anger.

“Put him down Richard, you have no right to touch him”

“No right? I have as much of a right as anyone, he is my son in law after all”

I watch as Carakii attempts to break the grasp of my father, only to receive a slap to the face.

“You stupid runt, stop squirming”

I nearly tackle him, but before I can, he places his hands around the neck
of my mate.

“I could snap his neck without even thinking, such a fragile mate you found son” my father says, his threat being the only reason he hasn’t died yet.

Carakii whimpers and I see tears running down his face.

“I said put him down” yells Joan.

“Make me, oh wait you can’t, cause your just and old lady”

The rapid speed in which my aunt moved was incredible, almost as
incredible as the stunned look on my father’s face. She quickly found her
way behind him, swinging her staff and hitting him square in the back of the head. He drops Carakii, and my mate crawls under the bed, hiding from the horrid man.

“ You B****!!!” My father screams, but by now I have already tackled him. I
hold him against the wall by his throat. He just smirks, making me more angry.

“Do it, we all no you won’t” exclaims my father, his stupid smirk tempting
me.

Instead I drop him. This man wasn’t worth the trouble. I tell Joan to get the betas. They enter and I tell them to take my father out of my sight, hoping that he would have learned his lesson this time.

Looking under the bed, I expect to find Carakii, but he is not there.
Beginning to panic, I frantically search the room, but he is nowhere to be found.

Carakii P.O.V.

I sit alone in the greenhouse, underneath the silver tree, who’s whispers are the only company I have. I was not about to go back to that room, I could not bear to deal with the hatred anymore.

I rub my neck, feeling the bruises that man left upon me. I feel the tears fill my eyes, as I think of the things he said. Maybe I wasn’t good enough for Davris, maybe I should just go back to my pack.

The whispers of the tree strengthen into one voice, “Is that what you truly wish my child? There is nothing stopping you from leaving, you could warp out of here in an instant, what is stopping you?”

I tug at the collar on my neck, rubbing the lock, feeling the engraved initials
of the man I came to love. He had offered to take it off, but I wanted to keep it, because it reminded me of him and how he was kind to me when no one else was. But I knew that I was never going to be good enough to deserve him, maybe the tree is right, maybe I should leave.

I rub the leaves of the tree, feeling her power flowing through me.”Take me
back please” I tell the tree.

“If that is what you wish young fairy…..” it responds

The tree glows with a supernatural beauty, the light expands across my
vision until I can only see light.

Davris P.O.V.

I rush to the greenhouse after hearing from my betas that Carakii was sighted near one of the trees. I arrive in time to see Carakii place a hand on
the trunk of the silver tree, then a flash of light blinds me momentarily.
When I regain my vision, Carakii is gone.

I scream his name, feeling tears streaming down my face. For the first time in my life, I feel true pain. My mate was gone, and I could do nothing to get him back. For the trees have taken him from me.

I hear footsteps rushing towards me, through the tears I see Gloria, the
maid, with a look of concern on her face.

“Alpha? What happened Alpha? Please tell me. What’s wrong?”

I continue to weep, barely able to comprehend the words that were spoken to me. All I knew was that my mate had left me, and I might never see him again.