Chapter 9 (Final Chapter)

Author's note: this is the final chapter of the first book in this series, I would love if anyone would read my next book: "Whispers of War" coming soon to Wattpad. I really enjoy writing and would like to encourage you to comment on, vote on, or even just read my stories. Because withe every new read I feel more dedicated to writing)

Davris P.O.V.

The whispers only increase as I get closer to the trees. Is this what Carakii felt as he heard them? I’ll have to ask him if we make it through this. Rushing to the trees, I set Carakii at the base of argentum lignum, the mighty silver tree of the moon. I see her draping leaves pull him into her trunk, as if protecting him from the dangers of the world.

The whispers urge me to come closer, forcing my to confront aurum lignum, the golden tree of the sun. His strength and power flows through me, as I am pulled into his trunk, vanishing from this realm.

Carakii P.O.V.

I awaken to the sound of laughter, but soon realize that I am floating in an infinite darkness. I look around frantically and notice the little girl who laughs at my confusion. Her hair is so silver, it literally glows, her skin as pale as freshly fallen snow, she wears a dress of white silk, flowing with nonexistent wind, as she floats expertly in this infinite darkness.

“Hello Carakii, my sweet little fairy” she says, her voice sounds of that of a thousand angels, singing in perfect harmony.

“H-Hello” I manage to stutter out, she giggles at my shyness.

“W-where am I?” I ask

At this she giggles more, snapping her fingers the darkness lights up with the light of a million stars, glowing with such beauty that I feel tears rolling down my cheeks. The girl now sits on a throne of the purest silver, and I feel my feet touch the familiar surface of moss. I realize that the sky of stars is not even stars, but the twinkling of silver leaves, held up by vines and roots, twisted and winded together into an unbreakable barrier.

The girl lowers her voice, into a quiet whisper “Remember me”

I feel my memory ignite with the realization that she was the whispers that I heard, the person who kept me company when I was alone. She is the silver tree. I bow my head in respect, and she laughs at my sudden change in attitude.

“There is now reason for such respect little fairy, I have called you here so that I may bestow upon you my blessing, for I have waited thousands of years to do so.”

She places her tiny hand on my forehead, I feel the energy of the moon itself flow through me, burning the corruption of the false mark, healing my wounds, and reviving my wolf. I feel as my hair changes colors, becoming as silver as hers. My eyes lighten as they become silver as well. My skin becomes more pale, and my ears grow pointed. I feel the energy push through my back, as greenish wings burst out. I feel myself fly around. I cry tears of joy. Not only did I feel truly myself, but more importantly, I could now be with my mate. But where was he………..

Davris P.O.V.

The light is overwhelming, it’s soft warm glow being the only thing I see and feel. I hear a soft chuckling sound in my head. I spin around to see a wolf of pure gold fur, upon it’s head sits a crown of rubies. The wolf tilts it’s head in curiosity as it looks at me.

Hello young alpha

The voice was in my head, like that of my packmates. I see the wolf, watching me. But instead of being afraid, I feel rather welcome.

“Hello” I say

The wolf shifts and morphs, turning into a highly masculine man, dominance literally radiated off of him. His hair so golden blond that it almost glowed, with a beard of the same color growing upon his chiseled jawline. His bare chest covered in muscles, and just the perfect amount of body hair, he was too perfect.

“Davris Stanson, High Alpha of the United Packs of North America, Alpha of the Whispering Willows Pack, Mate to the mystical Fairy Prince Carakii, I have called you here to give you my blessing, for I have waited for so long.”

Before I can even say anything, his hand is on my forehead, I feel my wolf howling with power, my body becomes more muscular, the scars from my many battles fade, leaving me literally glowing with golden energy. My hair turns a golden brown, shimmering in the light filled realm of the sun. I feel so powerful, yet something else makes me nearly scream in happiness, I can feel my mate’s presence again. He is alive.

Carakii P.O.V.

The little girl giggles happily as she sees my wings.

“The prophecy has been completed, the mates of legend shall be  reunited to fight the coming evil that threatens the realm of mortals and immortals alike, the natural and supernatural will unite, as will the forces of light and dark, for the evil shall affect all. Two mates, one of moonlight and lost dreams, and one of sunlight and clear goals, shall unite to stop the all consuming evil which threatens us all. Awaken now and find your mate.” the girls says, in a much less playful tone.

She shoves me and I open my eyes. Looking around, I am laying at the base of the silver willow, I no longer hear her sweet whispers, and the leaves glow much less than before. I see Davris laying at the base of the golden tree. His hair is now golden brown, but besides that he is the same old Davris I came to love. He sits up, gasping for air. At the sight of me, he leaps up grabbing me by the waist, kissing me passionately.

“I missed you cutie” He says.

“I missed you too Davris”

“That silver hair looks good on you, and since when have you had wings?” He points to my wings, which look like those of a luna moth.

I giggle, hugging him tightly. “Since when have you been so muscular?” I remark back at him. He just laughs. We decide to spend the rest of the day cuddling each other. He would tell me of all the things that have happened since I left, telling me the stories of alliances and treaties. By now I had figured out how to shrink my wings, so that no one would question me. They shrink into a tattoo of a luna moth, located on the top half of my back.  We walked hand in hand back into the pack house, getting strange looks as we passed our packmates.

When we reach our bedroom, we continue snuggling, embracing each other passionately. Davris kisses my neck lovingly, and I feel sparks at his touch. This man is the love of my life, I shall never leave him again.

Davris P.O.V.

I kiss my mate, tasting the sweet taste of his skin with every kiss. I feel the temperature of the room rise as we lay together, our lips locked together as we embrace the true power of our mate bond. As I kiss his neck, I feel my canines extend. He senses what is happening, and he softly moans as I bite his neck, filling him to the brim with bliss as I mark him as mine.

Mine my wolf growls.

Carakii snuggles against my chest, as I run fingers through his silver hair. I smell the sweet scent of freshly fallen rain, the scent of my mate. I vow that I will never let him go again. I shall protect him with all my power.

Joan P.O.V.

The prophecy has began, as I predicted. I truly hoped that I was wrong, but the whisperings of the willows never lie. The power of true mates, each aligning to a different power, the Omega Fairy and the Alpha Wolf shall unite the supernatural and natural, the immortal and mortal, the light and dark. All shall rise together in arms, to defeat the evil that threatens our world. The ancient deity of corruption and destruction. It feeds off of the ever increasing hatred in which humanity produces, and soon it will rise from it’s slumber, sending it’s armies to conquer the world.

~~~~~TO BE CONTINUED IN BOOK 2: “Whispers of War”