8.

CHAPTER 8 - FINDING THE PLAYBOY

Colin woke up early the next morning, took his car and left Spring Bird. He hardly got any sleep last night. Oh no, he did not, not after the words he had exchanged with Alexia. She had made it clear to him that she would not give in and he knew she would not go back on her words. This meant he had to bring his A-game if he did not want to count his first loss. Alexia was serious about her words and so was he.

The master of seduction and charm never had an issue with getting a woman into his bed. In fact, the women willingly gave themselves to him even after they knew what he was after. Of course, who would not want a piece of him? Colin, as described by most women and his friends, was like a fire that lights ones soul, a master who knew the art of making love, and an artisan, who knew the body of a woman more than she did and knew how to give the ultimate pleasure. That Colin was whom he had set out this morning to find and he knew exactly what to do to get him back.

Colin wheeled his car to a stop in front of a barbering shop and stepped out. The old Colin usually got cool and up-to-date haircuts that were sure to make any woman swoon. Today, he would rid himself of this old haircut, which he had maintained since three years ago when he decided to stop being a Casanova.

The barber heeded to Colin's wish of getting a cool haircut and really changed his look. He cleared the light stubble that aligned his jaw and left Colin looking different. By the time he stepped out of the barbering shop, he felt like one of those male models in the lifestyle magazines.

Colin got into his car and drove to a nearby coffee shop. As soon as he got out of his vehicle, the two women seated outside the shop, glanced at him and could not look away. The skinny one even smiled and winked at him and he winked back.

After he wore his glasses not because the sun was up, but to look cool. He plastered on his face a mischievous smirk and strode confidently into the shop. Walking straight to the counter, he smirked at the young woman behind it before saying. "Have we met somewhere? You look so familiar."

The young woman looked puzzled and shook her head. "No, it's not me." She replied.

"Are you sure? Did we not take a class together? I could have sworn we had chemistry." Colin propped his hands on the counter and smiled.

The young woman blushed and he continued. "What's on the menu?" She glanced behind her at the board containing everything they served, and then started to read it out to him.

"There's regular coffee..."

"Is there Me and you?" Colin cut in and she whipped her head around, surprised. A smile soon broke on her face and she shyly tucked a lock of black hair behind her ear. "Do you have a name or can I call you mine?"

"Daphne," someone else replied before the young woman behind the counter could. Colin raised himself, tuned around and faced a pair of blue coloured shades. The woman who interrupted them had curly brown hair, which looked like a brush had not gone through it. In fact, she looked like she just got out of bed because she was in her pyjamas and slippers.

"The name's Daphne." She repeated and turned her attention to the frowning woman behind the counter. "I came to pick up the regular." After taking her coffee, she returned to Colin. "I see you're still the same."

A crease formed on Colin's forehead, as he suddenly looked thoughtful. This Daphne woman seemed to know him, but he does not recognize her. Perhaps was she one of the many women he had had a one-night-stand with and never called again? "Daphne, right. It's so good to see you." He decided to play along. "Wow, you look wonderful!"

Daphne put a hand on her hip as if she knew he did not recognize her. "You don't remember me, do you?" She asked, while taking off her glasses.

A smile grew suddenly grew on Colin's face as he recognized that little nose and those ever-glowing hazel eyes. "Daphne Meyers, it really is good to see you." He quickly threw his arms around her and raised her off her feet.