16.

CHAPTER 16 - MORNING RACE

"You and I both know that you enjoyed it. We know how you trembled and moaned and dug your nails into my back. You had become like a puppet in my hands and if I had wanted, I would have taken you there and then."

Alexia suddenly woke up from sleep covered in sweat and shaking softly. Sitting up, she wiped her forehead with the sheets and raised her legs to meet her chest.

"Colin." She sighed while placing her head to her knees.

As much as she would love to hate him, she could not, not after she learnt that his attitude for sleeping with women was because he was trying to get over his heartbreak. All she felt for him now was pity and more pity. She would love to just throw her arms around him, hold him for some time and let him know that, he had been a strong boy.

Pushing back the sheets, she moved to the closet and picked out her gym clothes. After changing into them, she left the house to go for a jog since she had not done that in a whole week.

Alexia crossed the street right in front of the gates of her house and jogged, enjoying the cool early morning breeze. She always loved early morning jogs, because it filtered her mind off the negative things that happened the previous day. Moreover, today she really needed it to clear her brain of the unbelievably sweet kiss, which had hunted her for days now. However, the question was, will she be able to forget it?

As she jogged along the sidewalk, she enjoyed the music that played through the earpiece connected to her phone. She reached her usual turn and before she could round the corner, a man suddenly came out of there. They bumped into each other, lost their balance and then fell, with Alexia landing on top of him.

"Oh my, I'm sorry." She apologized, while raising herself up. She held out her hand to this man and that was when she saw him clearly. "Colin?" Her apologetic face turned to shock and then bewilderment.

"Oh my Alexia, what do you eat, concrete?" He said and got up on his own because she had quickly retrieved her hand once she learnt it was he.

"I should be asking you that question." She put her hands on her head. "It feels like I run into a brick wall. My head hurts."

Colin was quick to pull her to his chest. "Where does it hurt?" He asked and started touching her head all over. His fingers in her hair felt like a small kind of heaven. Her tensed up muscles relaxed and she temporarily forgot that he was the "enemy".

"Does it hurt here?" He moved his hands to her temples. "Here?" They were now behind her head. "Here?" He was touching her forehead. "Or maybe here," his said while pulling at the ribbon, which she had used to tie her hair into a ponytail.

Alexia only realised what he did when her hair fell on her shoulders and then cascaded down her back in a smooth, slow motion. "What the...?" She pushed at him chest and stepped back from him. "Give it back!" She almost yelled.

"No, I like your hair this way." He said. "And I will keep this as a souvenir, thank you very much." He stuffed it inside his pocket and Alexia knew this would be the last time she will see that ribbon.

As she watched him, hoping some kind of resentment would develop inside her, she noticed his clothes. Today he was not in a suit or a casual shirt over slacks, but in what she concluded as his gym clothes. He wore a white tracksuit, but unlike the regular tracksuit, which was loose, his hugged his figure and outlined every muscle.

Damn, Colin was so, fit that he looked like freaking superman. She quickly averted her gaze from his superhero body before she got distracted. However, what she looked at next distracted her more than his body could ever do - his eyes. Immediately, her eyes fell to his lips and before she got lost again, she spoke.