17.

CHAPTER 17 - GAME OVER

COLIN'S POV

It had been a long time since he went to the ER. The last time he was there, his father had died.

"Can you please check the progress of Alexia Brooke? She was brought in here an hour ago and I still don't have any news about her." Colin asked the nurse sitting behind the computer and she nodded. After checking from her machine, she got back to him.

"There's still no information, am sorry." She told him. "Please take a seat and I'll let you know if there's any news."

"That's what you told me one hour ago." He screamed at her and she leant back in her chair, scared. "No, I won't take a seat." He added furiously and went to stand by the window for fresh air before he did something crazy.

The sun was now beginning to rise above the clouds and the golden rays covered the city like a blanket. Colin stuffed his arms into his pockets and took in a deep breath. He shut his eyes and the images of Alexia lying on that pavement flashed through his mind making him open them again. Those images would forever haunt him and he knew it.

He would never forget the moment he spun around and saw her lying there, bleeding from the side of her head. He fell to his knees beside her and tried to make sure she kept her eyes open. For a moment there, when she lost consciousness, he thought she was dead. His heart had clenched so painfully, tears stained his eyes, but then he felt his pulse and snapped out of it.

When they arrived at the hospital, nurses carried her into a room and refused to let him go in, but assured him that she would be fine because her condition was not serious. He doubted it because the amount of blood that poured out of her was not little. He did not want to think of the worst, but right now, that was what it looked like. Her condition was serious, that was why they had not told him anything for a whole hour now.

Colin rushed his fingers through his hair and pulled at it. His face was pale from being so worried sick about her.

"Sir, can you please come with me?" A voice spoke to him and he quickly spun around to see one of the nurses who had been with Alexia when they arrived.

"Where is she? How is she doing?" Colin asked and she smiled.

"She is fine, don't worry. I will take you to her." The nurse replied.

"Nurse, how is her condition?"

"The injury wasn't serious. She only got a few stitches. However, the doctor wants to keep her under observation until the end of the day." She explained as they reached a door. "She's in the last curtain on the left."

"Thank you."

Colin walked through the door and went straight to the last curtain as instructed. He raised his hand and hesitated. Taking a deep breath, he slowly parted the curtain and saw her. There was a bandage around her head and he whispered something obscene under his breath. He closed the curtain for privacy.

Alexia looked peaceful while sleeping and he did not want to go closer. He did not want to get closer and disturb her as he had always done. Yes, he was going to admit it. The very first time he had seen her, she had captured him with her pretty face and charming character. He had thought she would be like the other girls who would give themselves to him easily. However, she proved to him that she was different.

Although she liked him, she still managed to build a protective wall around herself. She remained strong despite his flirts and seductive moves. He knew she hated what he was_ a jerk. So therefore, he was going to grant her, her freedom.