13.

CHAPTER 13 - GOODBYE SPRING BIRD

"Yes, place that here. And that, over there." Alexia directed the moving men and when the sofa was against the wall and the little table, placed right next to it, she smiled. Looking around her, she was glad everything turned out the way she planned it. The furniture was perfect, the positions and angles the sofas and other things stood were just great.

She let out a deep and long sigh. Once again, another job had successfully ended. She loved how everything turned out! However, it was up to the client to decide whether she did a good job or not. Taking a deep breath, she waited for her to enter.

"Oh my goodness, Alexia," Samantha burst into tears unexpectedly and left Alexia confused. She stood in the middle of the room not knowing what to do. Did Samantha like it so much that she cried or she hated it to the point of tears?

"Samantha if you do not like anything please, feel free to tell me and I'll change it." Alexia quickly said and went to her.

"I like it. No, in fact, I love it!" Samantha chuckled in the midst of her tears and then Alexia threw her arms around her. "This is just perfect, just the way I remember it." She snuffled and then blew her nose into a handkerchief.

Alexia had a few tears in her own eyes, but she did not dare let it fall. Samantha had every right to cry, because she knew how special this nursery was for her. Colin slept here when he was a baby.

"Oh my goodness Alexia, how did you manage to get this?" Samantha burst out of Alexia's arms and moved to kneel in front of the cradle standing in the middle of the room.

"Oh, I have my ways." Alexia winked at her and she looked thankful. A smile spread on her face as she watched the over-emotional mother explore the nursery. She was very glad and surprised that the nursery turned out this wonderful.

Samantha had only mentioned it at the last minute, so she thought it would be impossible to get everything. However, this time her secretary proved herself reliable and got everything they requested, but Alexia made the calls of course.

Remaking Colin's nursery and keeping most of the original stuff in it was tough, but it was not impossible. Alexia was just glad she was able to see where Colin had slept as a baby and learnt his first things, even more importantly, where he grew up.

"Thank you very much, Alexia. You are indeed the best interior designer there is. I am very lucky Colin recommended you." Samantha drew her into a hug and this time, a tear escaped Alexia's eyes.

"I am happy that I have been very valuable to you." Alexia said and they separated.

"Indeed." Samantha said while picking her bag, which she had dropped at the entrance of the room when she had walked in. Her eyes scanned the room one last time before she burst into more tears again. "Do you know why I did not want to change anything in this nursery?"

Alexia shook her head and she continued. "This is the only thing of Colin's, which has remained pure and innocent after his father's death." Samantha drew in a deep breath and added.

"He used to be such a sweet and innocent little boy, until his father's death crushed him. I should have been with my boy during that period and helped him heal. However, I was always away from home, working to make money to pay for a debt I had no hand in raising. My boy needed his mother then, but I was not around for him. He got into bad company and found solace in sleeping with girls." The emotional mother dabbed at her face with a handkerchief and continued.

"I don't blame him for that because he did what he thought was right and got over the pain of losing his father."

Alexia was speechless after everything Samantha revealed to her. She stared in awe at the woman who has remained strong despite the tough trials life threw at her and wished she were that strong. Moreover, she wished Samantha had not told all that. Because it had just dissolved all the contempt, she felt for Colin.