Chapter 1

About ten years later....

Ice's POV

The leader has fallen now it's your turn...

In the years me and my brother were taken away, I've changed a lot. I'm the beta now, the current leader is Freeze, and she is probably the kindest wolf I have ever met...... well besides the fact that she's the one that took me away from my brother. I've become very close to Freeze and the rest of the ice pack.

"Snow, can you go hunting please?" Freeze asked.

"Sure, I'll be right back!" Snow responded and then ran out of the cave. Since I had nothing else to do, I decided to ask Freeze why she took me; again. Every time I ask, she refuses to tell me, I don't know why.

"Freeze, can I talk to you please?" I asked.

"Sure," she paused and I started to walk towards her, "Unless you are going to ask about why I took you again?" That stopped me in my tracks. I nodded my head shyly.

"How many times have I told you that I simply just can't let you know the reason?" I looked at her with disappointment in my eyes, nodded my head and walked away. I respected Freeze, she's like a mother to me. I decided to go find Snow and help her hunt. Hopefully we could take down a deer or two. I ran out of the cave, more confident than before and breathed in the forest scents. I ran so fast the trees were no more than blurs. Finally, I stopped in a clearing and instantly recognized it.

"This is where me and my brother got separated....." I said under my breath. A flood of questions poured into my head.

Where is my brother?

Does he still remember me?

Will I ever see him again?

I sat down and stared at the space in front of me deep in thought.

"ICE! WATCH OUT!!!" I heard Snow yell.....I looked behind me and there was a leopard charging towards me. I was going to kill it. I growled menainacly and looked it in the eyes. When it came close enough, I jumped on its back and bit into its shoulder. It roared in fury, trying to buck me off but I wasn't going to let go. I signaled for snow to help me by clawing its eyes and legs. It shrieked in pain, and I took that chance to bite into its neck. I bit down as hard as I could showing no mercy. The leopard fell to the ground in an unmoving heap. Jaws still imbedding into its neck, i began to pull it back into the forest towards the dens. Halfway to the dens, there was a growl. I dropped the dead jaguar and spun around the other way leading the evil deeper into the woods away from the dens, when I knew I was far enough away, I spun on my heel and faced the vicious creature. The second jaguar growled menacinly at me then lept. I dodged the attack and grabbed onto the jaguars leg, and bit hard. The jaguar screeched and ran off into the woods. I sat on the ground heaving, trying to catch my breath. I felt another presence and looked up. I saw blue eyes peering at me, and before I could blink they were gone.