Chapter 3

Fires POV

We walked through the thick forest, avoiding trees and bushes. I led them to the place where I last saw the wolf. I sniffed around the area looking for a trail of where she could have gone. Finally, I smelt it, a trail leading left. I called to Ash, Ember, and Coal.

"I found a trail!" I shouted.

"Great! Now we can follow it and get home sooner!" Coal grumbled, faking enthusiasm. I rolled my eyes at him. Then I proceeded to follow the scent trail to find the mystery wolf.

************************************

We walked for what felt like ages and finally reached an area with bushes and stopped. I glanced up and saw a blue-gray wolf, sniffing the ground. The wolf looked up and growled.

"Who are you and what are you doing here, on MY territory?" The wolf said so calm it was threatening.

"We are wolves from the Fire pack, and we are here to take you back with us." I responded back. She growled once again in response, sounding even more angry than before.

"I am not going with any of you, I don't need you to intrude on my life, now why don't all of you just go back to where you came from?" She responded. I growled lowly.

"You are coming with us whether you like it or not!" She shook her head.

"Why do you even need me to come back with you? I'm sure you have to get back to your pack." I looked at her and said

"My alpha sent me to find any wolf in the neighboring territory and bring them back to question them, so come on! I don't have time for this!"

" Your gonna have to catch me first!" She turned around and started to run. I pursued after her. Suddenly she stopped, spun around and jumped at me. I felt pain in my cheek as she scarred it, permanently. She bit my leg and took me down. I clawed her muzzle and bit her tail. She growled, unfazed, and then with one more scratch to my stomach, she ran away deeper into the woods. I cringed when thought about what Heat-wave would say when we got back. I slowly limped back to the rest of the group. Ash snickered and Ember gasped, Coal just looked shocked.

"What happened?!" Ember asked

"Well......" I said slowly. " The wolf we found ran and I chased her and then well....it all happened so fast....she turned on me and attacked me and then ran away once more...." I responded

" Your the one that has to tell Heat-wave who lost her." Ash snickered. Man did I hate him right now... I growled at him.

"I know!" I snapped " let's start heading back, we will come some time next week when I'm healed and can run and fight again." They all shook their heads in response, Ash grumbling annoyed under his breath.

Sorry for not updating in a while.....I've just been so busy and semester finals are coming up....