The Fall

Standing outside the hospital, John looked his own reflection in the rear mirror of nearby vehicle. "I am a cancer patient" He said to himself.

Dr. Anderson's words reverberated his ears. From being the undefeated champion in world karate tournament to a blood cancer patient. He couldn't believe it, his eyes were wet.

Extremely proud and confident John was a hero to everyone around him. He was undefeated. Raised as a Marxist, never did he pray. He was his own God. Born as rich, he achieved everything he wanted. Even when he lost his parents, he didn't cry. He grew up as a self centered man, enjoying the world.

At 16, he mastered art of marmasastra. At 17, he became master of martial arts. His students were mostly cops and reputed persons in the society. Though they were double his age, they addressed him as "Master. John". This had made him arrogant.

The greatest of men queued before him to make him head of securities. He was offered high ranked jobs at 18. Climbing up the ladder of success, never did he thought of a failure. Life was fun, he didn't have to be worried about anything. Everything was provided to him. He never wanted a saviour, God was not necessary for him. Everyone called him Champion.

The fall was huge. John couldn't take it. For the first time in his life, nothing was in his control. His health and fitness that everyone compliment  about was deteriorating and he didn't even knew it. He can do nothing about it. His days are counted. These thoughts broke him from inside.

"I am a cancer patient" he kept on repeating it. Alfred held him by his hands and hugged him tight. The reality stuck him like a sword. It pierced his heart.