Chapter 2

Arthit's POV

The moment we entered the night club I was instantly assaulted with varied sights like people on the dance floor as well as the multiple bars, bartenders doing small tricks and putting up a show while mixing the cocktails, few waiters and waitresses in scantily clad black uniforms delivering drinks to a few VIP lounges, an eccentric DJ who was working for the crowd and making the men and women go nuts on the dance floor, the throbbing music making you wish you were deaf. The whole club was dim-lit and sort of had a dark theme going on. I could see all the staff were dressed in black. All the furniture and the backdrop were also in black mixing up an eery feeling in the atmosphere. The only source of light was from the dimly lit bars and the red disco ball on the dance floor which in reality was giving a more scary look to the club than providing the necessary lighting. It had just been a few seconds since we stepped foot inside the club and I was already starting to miss my comfortable couch at my apartment. On any other Friday, I would be sprawled out in front of the TV with pizza boxes if I was not forcefully dragged in by the psychotic woman in front of me who was running into the arms of her boyfriend. She jumped onto him instantly with her legs wrapped around his waist.

"Heyyyyy babe! There's my girl" Jason shouted at the top of his lungs to be heard over the deafening music in the club. He picked up his petite girlfriend with ease and steadied themselves before kissing her long and hard on the lips.

"You look gorgeous as always babe" Jason was beaming at his girlfriend. His face split with a dashing grin that brought out a giggle from Sarah. She spun around showing off her mid-thigh length sleeveless wine-red dress hugging her perfect curves. A pair of red pointed high heels finished off her attire. Her makeup was not overly done and she was wearing contact lenses replacing her glasses. She looked beautiful even a blind man could see that and her boyfriend was taking in her beauty with a dreamy smile on his face.

"Ugh!! People in love make me sick. Move away you two" Kyle said appearing beside Jason earning an eye-roll from Sarah and laughter from me and Jason. He gave me a half hug. "Hi A. You made it finally. Glad to see you man" he said with a warm smile and patted my shoulder.

I returned the hug with a friendly smile of my own. After asking him briefly about how he was doing we decided to move to the bar to have a drink and catch up more. Jason and Sarah had already disappeared towards the dance floor. Why did she even invite me if she was going to be spending the whole night practically plastered to her boyfriend like she was doing now? Not that I am complaining. To be honest, I was thankful that she was paying full attention to her boyfriend rather than me as I was not in the mood to try out weird cocktails or get myself drunk. Or worse I don't want her trying to play matchmaker by looking for a 'potential boyfriend' for me and embarrassing both herself and me. Trust me her tricks had gotten us thrown out of a few clubs in the past. I don't want a repeat of that today. Thank you very much.

"Justin is here. He is just outside the club parking his car" Kyle announced hanging up his phone and ordering a beer for both of us. That made me freeze shortly. I still can't get over the anxiety I felt every time Justin's name is mentioned. It hadn't been this way when we were just friends. Things started to feel awkward after we broke up. That's one of the disadvantages of dating a friend. You could never go back to the same way you were before when it didn't work out. There's always tension in the air when you meet. I often find myself at a loss for words whenever I see Justin after the breakup. It's one of the many reasons why I have always tried my best to come up with some excuse to avoid seeing him. But it had been four months since we saw each other. I know I can't keep this up as my other friends would still want to hang out with both of us. I didn't want to lose them as well as I didn't want to make things more awkward for them by putting them in a position to choose sides. Above all, if I was being honest with myself, a small selfish part of me still wanted Justin back as my best friend.