Chapter 12

The mission has taken two months. Two months away from my baby, Two months not being able to hug him, Two months not being able to ruffle his hair. Two months not being able to function properly without him.

What if he thinks I don't care about him? He probably thinks I forgot about him.

  "Hey, dude." We we're sitting in the agency, about to report that our job was done.

  "Hm?"

  "It's time for us to go in." I got up and walked into our bosses office, sitting down in one of the hard plastic chairs. You would seriously think with all the damn money the agency has they would at least get better chairs.

  "We finished the mission." One of my buddies spoke up.

  "Are all of them out of the way?" Our boss always wears a mask, keeping his identity a secret. He doesn't even want his own workers and closest allies knowing his true identity.

  It's understandable really, with the line of work we're in. Anything could happen at anytime, and you always have to watch your back. Especially when you make a dangerous enemy.

  "Yes, every last one of them. We made sure of it." I nodded my head, slightly zoned out.

  "Good, you're free to go."

  We all got up and walked out of the office. The air instantly felt lighter when we left.

  "Finally, I can go get my baby." I ran out of the agency, my friends yelling after me. I'll see them later, but I'm not coming back until I have my baby in my arms.

I ran back to my place, grabbing my backpack with two outfits in there and some of Theo's little stuff.

I ran back out of the house, booking the next ticket to France, and the flight leaves in an hour.

I'm coming baby, I promise you.

Theo's POV:

  I walked back into the dorm room and plopped down onto my bed. Edwin had to go do his own business so there was no French lessons today.

  "Hey servant." One of my roommates came in. He spoke in English but he had a thick accent. I sat upright right away, ready for him to order me around.

  "Yes?" He handed me a stack of paper and walked out of the room. Well nice instructions...

  I looked through the papers and saw it was homework for various classes from various students. I suppose he wants me to do them as all the questions were unanswered.

  I sighed and got a pen from the bedside table. This will take me hours, I probably won't be able to get any sleep either.

0-0-0

  It has been three hours since I've started and I have an hour until I have to get ready for school.

  I stretched and closed my eyes, planning to rest them for a couple of seconds. Before I knew it I couldn't get myself to open them again, and I guess it was time to take a nap.

"WAKE UP!" I jumped and fell on the ground, huddling into a ball like an armadillo.

Some people fight or flight. I armadillo...
I know I have no chance to fight because I will basically just flail my arms, and I can't run very fast or for very long soo....

(In French)

"Did you finish the papers?" I got up after calming down my heartbeat.