Chapter 14 [EDITED]

When we get in the car, I see Mitch put his seatbelt on. "Good." I smile.

"So, you wanna come over?" He asks me.

"Sure. I'd be happy to."

~~~

We arrive at his house just before 11:30. The lights are still on and we can hear faint yelling.

Mitch laughs and says, "I have a few friends over."

I smile and ask, "Do I know these friends?"

He hesitates, "Yes."

We get out and walk up to the door. Mitch unlocks the door and I hear "MITCH IS HOME!" from a familiar voice. "AND AUBREE!" from another. The first voice was Preston and the second Adam. "PURSTON! ADAM!" I yell. Adam grabs me in a tight (I mean tight) hug.

"Adam... you realize humans need oxygen right?" I say.

"Hehe... sorry." He says letting go.

"Daz okay." I see another guy sitting on the couch, who I recognize as Jerome.

"JAAAYROME!" I yell.

He looks up from his phone smiling. "Yeah?"

I plop down next to him. "Who ya texting?"

He turns back to his phone. "A girl."

I smirk. "Mind if I ask a name?"

He laughs. "Course not. Her name's Madalyn."

~~~

I resist laughing, because it could be a different Madalyn than Miami. I feel my phone buzz. I slide the shingie and answer Miami's call. I walk out of the room, which is getting really loud.

Miami: "AUBREE! Guess who I'm talking to."

Me: "Jerome."

Miami: *silence* "Yes... HOW'D YA KNOW?"

Me: "Well, considering Jerome is in the same house as me..."

Miami: "OHMAIGAWD. Srsly?"

Me: "Yah."

I hear something shatter.

Miami: "What was that?!"

Me: *sigh* "Probably Purston and Adam. Call ya later?"

Miami: "Yeah. Kay bye!"

The line clicks dead and I walk back in the room. Mitch, Adam, Jerome, and Preston all turn towards me.

"Nothin happened." Mitch says quickly.

I laugh. "Not mah house."

I sit down, just to get another text. "Goshdarned phone..." I open the text from Kylie.

Kylie🌸: Hey! Where are you?

Aubree🎶: Mitch's house.

Kylie🌸: Why are you always with him? We never spend time together anymore.

Aubree🎶: Oh, I'm sorry, but last time I checked, we were at lunch with Lauryn and Miami a couple days ago.

Kylie🌸: So? You're still spending more time with that jag.

Aubree🎶: I can't believe I used to call you my best friend.

I close my phone angrily.

"What is it?" Mitch asks, seeing me seething.

"Kylie." I show him our conversation.

"Well then..." He says. "We don't need her." He kisses my forehead.

"You speak my language." I sigh and snuggle closer to Mitch.

"MOVIE TIME!" Adam yells and jumps on the couch with Preston and Jerome.

I chuckle and say, "I'M CHOOSING THE MOVIE!" I take the Wii remote from Adam and open Netflix. I navigate to The Hunger Games.

"Good choice. Now I won't have to kill you." Preston says.

"Okay then... I'm just gonna go put a deadbolt on my door now..." I say sarcastically, causing then to laugh.

The movie starts and I'm instantly intrigued. The others dare not speak, knowing what I would do. I get really into movies, don't I? Well, considering I watched practically every movie back in high school...

Near the end of the movie, Mitch and I fall asleep, me cuddled up close to him.

~~~

I wake up to the sun shining brightly through the windows.

Thank God I live alone now; my mother would've killed me if I still lived with her. I sit up an stretch. Mitch is still sleeping, so I decide to try and wake him up.

"Meeeeetch... Meeeeeeeeetch..." I poke his cheek repeatedly until he stirs and mumbles, "Mitch time says five more minutes..."

I laugh and flick him in the cheek. "Well Aubree time says GET UP!"

He rolls over and says, "Fine." I roll my eyes and walk off into the kitchen.

I sit on a stool by the island, just thinking. Soon I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist.

"Hai-lo." I greet Mitch as he kisses me.

"Want some drank?" He asks, pulling away.

"Sure." He goes and opens the fridge. I grab some cups and he pours the drink. We cheers it and take a sip.

"Who knew juice could be so good?" I say.

He laughs. "I know, right?!" We laugh together and talk for a bit before he finally lets me go home. I really don't want to though. If I could have a choice, I'd stay with him for a long time.