Chapter 21

Lauryn's POV

I was texting Mitch getting an update about Aubree. She was doing okay. I was glad to hear that. I say goodbye and set my phone down. I feel a pair of hands wrap around my waist. I smile and turn around to kiss Ian. But I am caught of guard when I see him on one knee. He says, "I remember when I first laid my eyes on you. I loved you immediately. I remember our first date and our first kiss. I love you. I will always love you. I love the way you hold your spoon differently from your fork. I love the way you scrunch up your nose when you are thinking. I love the way you chew on your pencils. I love everything about you. So, will you do me the extraordinary honor of being my wife?" By now I'm crying. I nod and he puts the ring on my finger. He stands up and kisses me.

~~~

*2&1/2 Months Later*

~~~

Aubree's POV

The cancer is going down. I may be a survivor. But something could happen.

I lay in my hospital bed playing Geometry Dash (RAGE GAME) on my phone. Mitch is asleep in the chair beside me. I hear the nurse open my door, but it's not my nurse. It's Kylie. She sits in a chair on the opposite side that Mitch is on. There's a carrier beside her. "Why are you here?" I ask, trying not to be rude. "I came... to apologize. I... I was jealous. Jealous that you were so lucky to have Mitch, Lauryn have Ian, and now Miami having Jerome. I've been alone." She says, looking genuinely sorry. "Then I heard you had cancer, and I didn't do anything. And now I'm starting to realize just how much of a bitch I was to you and the others. I'm sorry." I bite my lip. "I forgive you." I say. "Thank you, Aubree." There's a small silence, but then I ask, "Who's in there?" gesturing to the carrier. Kylie smiles. "This is Sienna." She takes a small baby out of the carrier. "Do you wanna hold her?" I look up at Kylie and say, "Sure." She walks over and puts Sienna in my arms. Her eyes are a pretty blue color, sparkling and happy. After a while, I ask, "Who's the father, if you don't mind me asking." Her face pales, but she answers. "Jason. Jason... Probst..." I look at her. "That Jason?" She nods. I look down. "Does he know?" Kylie just nods. "Here." I try to sit up to hand Sienna back, but Kylie comes and grabs her, seeing that I'm struggling. "Thanks. For coming by." I smile. "Glad I could." She responds then leaves. Soon after, I get a call from Lauryn. "Guess who's getting married?!" she asks me excitedly. I smile. "Hmm, wild guess. You?" I hear laughter at the other end. "NO." She says sarcastically. I laugh with her. "When's the wedding?" I ask. "I'm not sure."

"I have something to tell you too." I say. "What is it?" She asks. "I'm getting married also."

"No way! Do you know when?" I shake my head even though Lauryn can't see me. "Whenever I get out of this hellhole I guess. 10 months is not a fun time to be having needles jabbed in your arm." She laughs. "Doesn't sound like it. Anyway, I gotta go. I'll visit soon!" We say our goodbyes and hang up. I look over to see I have an unwrapped straw. I guess now would be a good time to wake Mitch up... I think evilly. I unwrap the straw and crumple some pieces into balls. (A/N: NOT SPITBALLS.) I put them in the straw and fire them at Mitch. He wakes up and says tiredly, "What was that for?" I smile. "You sleeping." Right then, the doctor comes in. "Aubree, we have some good news." He says. "The cancer is going down at quite a rapid pace. At this rate, you'll be home by next week. Congratations. You are a survivor." He says then leaves. Mitch and I laugh out of happiness. He comes over and hugs me. When Lauryn and Ian come, we tell them. "See? I told you that you would live." Lauryn says matter-of-factly. We all laugh together. I'm glad I'm going to live. I miss my friends, fiancé, family. I miss my life.