Chapter 22

*2 Months Later*

~~~

Lauryn's POV

I just got my hair and makeup done and am about to put on my dress. Of course it's white. It has lace sleeves and a lace back all the way down to my hips. It is satin otherwise. Our wedding is in a little clearing full of wild flowers. I am waiting at the tip of the aisle. All of a sudden I hear the music. I start walking and as soon as I see Ian I smile. He is smiling his amazing smile. I try to go as fast as I can but you can't really rush. When I get down to him we start. When the time comes to say our vows I pull mine out first.

"My dearest Ian. The moment I met you I thought you were a weirdo." This earns a few laughs. I continue, "But once I got to know you I realized you weren't that much of a weirdo. You were my love. You were my first kiss. You showed me what love is. I will love you for always and forever. I just want to thank you for everything. I love you. And that is why today I will say I do." He pulls out his and begins to read.

"My love. You are my hope and joy. As soon as I saw you I knew it was love. You helped me see the true beauty in things. One thing I didn't need help seeing real beauty in was you. I love you Lauryn Tecca. And I will not deny myself the pleasure. I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have, and I am in love with you." I feel the tears streaming down my face. We say I do's then the minister says, "You may kiss the bride." Then we kiss. After that we walk to our car hand in hand ready to go to the reception.

As we pull up to the beautifully decorated building, I gasp. This is too gorgeous. I smile at Ian and we walk in. Almost everyone is waiting inside for us. As I walk in Ian grabs my hand. We decide to go sociallize with the guests. We talk for a while then go to have our first dance. The song we play is A Thousand Years. We dance to it then Animals comes on. Ian starts dancing crazy like and soon everyone is dancing. After a few more songs we leave and announce we will cut the cake. I am genuinely afraid of Ian and adding cake. He cuts a bit and shoves it in my mouth smudging it on my face in the process. I give him a death glare and cut a small piece. I smudge it on his face. He laughs and so do I. Then everyone gets a piece. After that we go dance some more. This is turning out to be a good night.

~~~

The reception is almost done so we decide to leave. He has a honeymoon planned but he won't tell me where. As we are walking to the car we get showered in rice. I laugh and run faster to the car. Then we leave for the airport.

~~~

Aubree's POV

I'm so glad I got out of that hellhole of a hospital in time to see Lauryn and Ian's wedding. It was great. Their reception was even better. When Ian said his vow, I was crying. She's his Hazel and he's her Augustus. But even so, it was a great wedding. Mitch and I planned to have our wedding a month or two after the doctors tell us the cancer is gone. Tomorrow's my appointment, and honestly? I'm terrified. So after Ian and Lauryn left for their honeymoon, Mitch and I left for home. I fell asleep halfway there. Sure the cancer's gone, but it has still taken it's toll on me. And of course, being dead. YEAH I WENT THERE. Mitch had put me in bed and I woke up around 11am the next morning. I put on some clothes and Mitch and I leave. We easily wait an hour until they call us in. "Finally..." Mitch mutters under his breath. The doctor sits me down through the standard procedure, then finally to what we were waiting for. "Well, Aubree. It seems as though the cancer is gone. Congratulations!" Mitch and I both breath a sigh of relief. "We don't have to worry anymore, Mitch." I say, hugging him. "Hakuna Matata." He replies and I laugh. "What a wonderful phrase." I say. "It means no worries." He pulls back a bit. "For the rest of your days." I finish and he kisses me. We pull apart and smile. "I love you." He says. "I love you too." Wen we get home, we decide to do a livestream. I title it "Welcome Back Stream!" We instantly have thousands of viewers when we go live. We do some dares, play Roblox Catching Fire at fans' requests. Then, we get dared to do a duet. Mitch picks the first song, which is Atlas by Coldplay.

(Italics-Aubree, Bold-Mitch, Bold+Italics-Both)

Some saw the sun

Some saw the smoke

Some heard the gun

Some bent the bow

Sometimes the wire must tense for the note

Caught in the fire, say oh

We're about to explode

Carry your world, I'll carry your world

Some far away

Some search for gold

Some dragon to slay

Heaven we hope is just up the road

Show me the way, Lord, 'cause I, I'm about to explode

Carry your world, I'll carry your world

Carry your world, and all your hurt

(Carry your world, carry your world.)

When we finish, the chat is exploding with 'ecore!' I turn to Mitch. "You wanna?" He nods. I choose the song, which is Amsterdam by Imagine Dragons.

I'm sorry, mother I'm sorry, I let you down

Well, these days I'm fine - No these days I tend to lie

I'll take the West train, just by the side of Amsterdam

Just by my left brain, just by the side of the Tin man

I'm sorry, brother I'm sorry, I let you down

Well, these days you're fine, no these days you tend to lie

You'll take the West train, just by the side of Amsterdam

Just by your left brain, just by the side of the Tin man

Your time will come if you wait for it, if you wait for it

It's hard, believe me I've tried

But I keep coming up short

I'm sorry, lover you're sorry; I bring you down

Well, these days I try and these days I tend to lie

Kinda thought I was a mystery and then I thought I wasn't meant to be

You said yourself fantastically, "Congratulations you were all alone"

Your time will come if you wait for it, if you wait for it

It's hard, believe me I've tried

Your time will come if you wait for it, if you wait for it

It's hard, believe me I've tried

But the rain won't fall for the both of us

The sun won't shine on the both of us

Believe me when I say, that I wouldn't have it any other way

Your time will come if you wait for it, if you wait for it

It's hard, believe me I've tried

But I won't wait much longer 'cause these walls they're crashing down

And I won't wait much longer 'cause these walls they're crashing down

And I keep coming up short

The fans are screaming for us to kiss, which we do and end the stream. I go up to my room and lay on the bed reading. Mitch walks in and asks, "Whatcha reading?" I just lift up the cover so he can see: The Maze Runner. "Is it good?" He asks. I just nod. He laughs. "You enjoy that. I gotta go. I'll be back soon." He kisses me and goes. I eventually fall into a deep sleep on my book.