3. Fire

Pictured: The man from Salem's dreams

I quickly turn around at the sound of the mans voice, expecting to see some sick, middle-aged man, but as I stare up into the deepest brown eyes I even ever seen, I am taken aback for a split second. It's just long enough for the man to swiftly slide his arms around my waist and press his, hard, toned body to mine.

"You're even more beautiful in person," he says, his face just inches from mine.

I gasp, snapping back to reality and press my hands to his chest, trying to shove him away. "Let me go!" I shout.

One of his hands slides from the small of my back to the back of my neck, sending shivers down my spine. His hands feel like fire. He pulls me closer by my neck and his eyes gaze straight down into mine. "I don't have to let you go. You are mine now."

I glare back at him, trying my best to not become distracted by his eyes or the way his sexy, full lips nearly pull me in. This man has terrorized me weekly for the past four years. "Who are you?" I ask through my clenched jaw.

He gives me and amused expression and the sexiest grin that I have ever seen. I want to smack it off of his face.

"My name is Colvin," he replies, pulling me to him even tighter. I feel my breasts press against his chest, sending another tingle throughout my body, and I wiggle away from him again.

"Don't you mean the asshole from my dreams?" I snap. "And what kind of name is Colvin?"

He chuckles, darkly, before quickly lifting me and shoving me against one of the concrete walls. I gasp in surprise at the sensation of cold stone pressing against my back as his warmth covers my entire front half. His hands find my wrists and he pins them above my head. "You have so much to learn," he murmurs, studying my face. "Your parents passed before they could ever prepare you for this." I feel his lips graze my cheek. "It's unfair, really."

I jerk my head to the side, trying to distance myself. "How do you know about my parents?"

Turning my head only encourages him to lean closer, causing his hot breath to brush against my ear. I let out a shaky sigh as he speaks. "They're the ones who led me to you, Beautiful."

I quickly turn my head again, knocking his face away from mine. He pulls away for a second, stunned. "What are you talking about?" I ask on the verge of tears at the thought of my mom and dad.

He opens his eyes and looks back to me. At first, his expression is hard and angry, but when he sees the tears welling up in my eyes, it softens, and his grip on my wrists loosen a bit. He gently places me on the ground, but I am still trapped between him and the wall. I could easily escape now, but I want to find out what this man knows. "That's a conversation for another time, Love. I'm just glad that you are finally mine. I'll see you another time."

His arms drop from beside me, and he begins to walk away. "Wait!" I shout. I begin to stride after him, but I slow a little, feeling the vodka shots beginning to hit me. "We aren't done here! You can't just walk away."

He turns his head to me and smirks. "What? You don't want me to leave?"

"I want to know what you know, you cocky asshole," I snap.

I watch as he fully turns to me and flexes his jaw. "Calling me names isn't going to get you very far, Salem. You have no clue who you are speaking to."

I place my hands on my hips and smile at him, sarcastically. "Enlighten me then."

He slowly walks back over to me, not stopping until we are almost chest to chest again. I don't move this time. I stand my ground to show him that he doesn't intimidate me. I mean, he does, but I can pretend, can't I?

He studies my face again for a long moment, and them he gives me a small smile. "Go home. Sleep. I'll see you then."

I scoff. "Oh, you mean when you chase me until I jump off of the cliff again?"

He shakes his head. "No, Love. It'll be completely different tonight."

This time, when he turns to walk away, I don't stop him. All I can do is watch as he disappears through the door and into the club. I don't dare go back in for a bit. I really don't want to run into him again at the moment. I guess I'll have no choice when I sleep tonight, but at least I'll get answers to the questions that I have had for years.