4. Different Realms

Pictured:

1) Jade

2) Rory

2) Rory

"Jade?" I call through the club, stumbling past people

"Jade?" I call through the club, stumbling past people. I finally spot her dancing over in the middle of the club with a couple of girls that I recognize from the cafe that Jade works at. "Jade!" I exclaim again, nearing her. She turns to me when I shout the second time, and she waves big, grinning.

I make my way to her, and then I shout over the music, "Jade, I need to go home! I think I'm getting sick."

She pouts and points to the girls behind her. "I still have to drive Jessica and Amber home."

I see Rory step up from behind her. "Do you need me to drive her home, Babe? I could just wait for you at the apartment."

Jade smiles up to him. "Would you? That would be so sweet," she says, hugging him.

I stare at the two, conflicted. Normally, I would say hell no to being alone with Rory. In this case though, I need to get home. This is too crazy, and I have to find out what is happening.

"C'mon," Rory shouts, smiling at me. "Let's go." I follow him out of the club, and we get into his truck. I struggle to climb up in the lifted seats, really feeling that vodka right now. It wasn't a lot, but I'm a lightweight.

"Seat belts," Rory exclaims as he begins to back out.

"Oh," I say, pulling the seat belt over my chest. "Right. Sorry."

"You're OK," he replies. "So, you feel sick?"

I nod. "Yea, stomach stuff."

He glances over to me for a second. "Really?"

"Yes," I say again. "A bug or something. Maybe too much vodka."

His eyes flicker back to the road, and he grins. "I call bullshit."

I clench my jaw. "How do you know?"

"Colvin told me to take you home," Rory says, his eyes never leaving the road.