More Holes Than A Swiss Cheese

"Did something happen between you and Dean?" You asked Sam as you munched on your dinner. It was strange enough when Dean hadn't left his room all day but when Dean refused to join you two for dinner, something was for sure not right.

"I was going to ask you the same thing." He answered, looking at you. His face told you he was as clueless as you were.

You sighed and nodded, eating the rest of the food in silence thinking you'd talk to Dean after dinner. Sam knew well that when Dean wanted to be left alone, things would only worsen if someone tried to talk to him. But everyone also knew that Dean could never say no to you.

After finishing your dinner, you helped Sam with dishes and made a bee line to Dean's room. You knocked on the door thrice and heard a bit of shuffling before Dean opened the door, "What?" He asked gruffly.

"I need to sleep." You said. "And you've been acting weird, what's up?" You added as you entered the room but Dean blocked your way.

"You can sleep in your room." He said gruffly and was about to shut the door but you stopped him.

"What? Why?" You frowned and pushed him back. And surprisingly enough, he gave you way.

"Y/N, please." You heard him say as you walked in. You looked around to see beer and whiskey bottles all around the room. Honestly, how much could he have drank?

"Dean... what's wrong?" You asked him, turning around to look at him.

"Don't push it, Y/N." Dean said with a sigh. "I'll be fine tomorrow, go sleep with Sam for the night." He said, avoiding eye contact with you.

You couldn't take it anymore. The dejected tone that Dean had and how unlike him he was acting. You just couldn't take this broken person for your superhero, your role model. The one that always had your back, who now seemed so exposed and vulnerable. Without thinking anymore, you walked up to him and hugged him tight. "I love you, Dean. Goodnight." You said and walked out of the room. But you didn't go to Sam's room, you went outside of the bunker through the garage door instead.

After all that had been going and with Dean's dispirited stance, your mind seemed like a rollercoaster of emotions. You knew that if you were to be caught outside the bunker by either of the brothers, God knows what would happen to you. Nonetheless, you enjoyed how the cool breeze of the night brushed through your hair and cleared your mind.

"Y/N." You heard a voice from behind you. Consequently, you turned around the look at the owner of the familiar voice.

You smiled, "Cas!" You jogged up to him and pulled the angel into a hug.

"You seem happy." Castiel deduced.

You chuckled, "Where are we going today?" You asked, your puzzled thoughts and emotions leaving you as you concentrated on the present.

Castiel was a true angel in your books. And not the 'dickhead' kind, as Dean might put it. Castiel was the kindest, most generous, caring and understanding of all of the beings you had known. Where sometimes he might seem distant and detached, He was always there for you. Whenever Sam and Dean didn't let you out for long or made you go through rigorous training and study schedules, Castiel would always slip in once or twice in every couple of months to take you on little trips around the vast bends of space and time. He personally guided you through his favorite eras and/or areas of the world and the moments were priceless.

"Today, Y/N, I have not come here to take you somewhere." Castiel said with his usual poker face.

"What?" You asked.

"You will be taking me somewhere today." He explained.

"What?" You repeated. "Where?" You added.

"I need to look deep inside your mind." Castiel said nonchalantly as if it was something he routinely did.

"What? Cas ew, no!"

"I need to look into some things." Castiel said and then, to your surprise, he smiled as if something amazing had just dawned on him. "You're going to say yes to me." He said.

"What if I don't want to?"

"I'll tell Sam and Dean about your feelings for Crowley." He said.

Your eyes widened before you finally realised that there was no way that you were going to win with Cas this time. You huffed, "Fine." You said and walked up to him. "Yes."

***

"I was right." Castiel said after what seemed like only a second. The last thing you remembered was saying yes to him and being surrounded by bright white light. You felt dizzy so you sat back on the bed.

"Right about what, Cas?" You asked.

"I will come back soon." Cas said, seeming like he was in a deep thought about something. You sighed as he disappeared into thin air. Boy was he a strange one.

You felt your eyes drooping, your whole boy feeling so exhausted as if you had done a week's training in one day. You crawled up on the bed in a comfortable position and fell asleep almost immediately.

***

You woke up the next day and got out of bed without even actually completely opening your eyes. You walked to the kitchen by your memory and your half open eyes but you were pulled out of sleep when you bumped into someone, almost knocking you off your feet but a pair of strong arms caught you. "Y/N." You heard Dean's chuckle and saw him as you opened your eyes. "Wake up sleepy head." He knocked on your head and laughed.

"You're in a good mood." You couldn't help but smile as you regained your balance. You stood up and walked to get your cup of coffee, "Where's Sam?" You asked.

"Jogging." Dean said. "You hungry? I could make pancakes." He said. You took a sip of your coffee and put it down before walking over to Dean who was still waiting for your answer. But you just hugged him tightly. You weren't as tall as him as you basically looked like a koala bear wrapped around a tree branch. You felt Dean's muscles twitch and he straightened his stance. Was he nervous? It wasn't like you were hugging him for the first time, you pretty much did that every day. "Y/N? You okay?"

"I love you, Dean." You said.

"Wh-what?"

You pulled back to look up at him. "Yeah, you've done so much for me. You've always been there. Both you and Sam. I don't like when you're sad. Please don't lock yourself away again." You said and hugged him again. Dean hugged you back this time.

"Don't worry." He said and kissed your head. "Now how about those pancakes?" Dean  pulled back with a grin on his face.

You chuckled, "You can enjoy the chick flick moments, you know. I won't judge."

Dean laughed, "Seriously? You don't judge people?" He laughed louder as he put the pan on the stove. "You put  my video on Instagram when I tried those leather vest."

You laughed, "Oh you're so innocent, Dean. That wasn't a vest." You heard the bunker door open and close and Sam showed up in the kitchen soon after. But he wasn't alone.

"Look whom I found on the way back." Sam said nervously.

"Hello boys."

•—A/N—•

Hello people!
I'm sorry if this chapter uneventful and not very interesting but I had to write to so I could join the things that I have in mind ahead of this story. Until next time!

Fun Fact: the ripening of Swiss cheese is due to a bacterium called Propionibacterium shermanii!