Conflicts Amidst Conflicts

"Y/N." your door opened suddenly to reveal a worried Castiel walking in as he looked around.

"God, Cas." You almost jumped a little at his sudden entry. "Knock first the next time."

Dean walked in soon after, "Anything?" He asked Cas.

"He was here." Castiel said plainly. Fuck, you wished Cas wasn't going to rat you out about Crowley's secret visits from before.

"What? How is that possible?" He asked.

"He wasn't here physically." Cas said and looked at you. "What'd you dream about?" He asked. Dean turned you as well.

Oh boy. You sure as hell weren't going to tell Dean about your whole 'Crowley Dean'. "Um, I didn't dream." You said plainly.

Cas narrowed his eyes at you before turning to Dean. "Please leave."

"What? Hell no. I'm-"

"Dean." Castiel insisted and Dean finally left. "What is it?" Cas asked you again once Dean was gone.

You took a deep breath and told him about everything. But Cas just looked ever more worried. He only sat there looking at the wall, contemplating something. "What?" You asked.

"I'm afraid we might have to tell Dean about everything." He said.

"What? No, why would you even-"

"Lucifer." Was all that Castiel said.

"What?"

"It's true. He's broken free and he's after you, none of us know why. And if he knows about you and Crowley, he's going to use it against you just like he did in your dream. Dean should know about this." He said.

You had your brows raised as you took in the information. Why would Lucifer be after you? He shouldn't even know about your existence. What was going on?

"I'm sorry, Y/N. It's for the best." Cas said and before you could even take in the scenario, he was out of the room.

You immediately stood up and ran to the door to stop Cas but the door was locked from outside. You stuck your ear to the door to possibly hear what was going on outside but all you got was nothing. You gulped and sat back, waiting and preparing yourself for whatever was about to come. Had it been anyone else, you probably wouldn't even have cared. But Dean... he was a totally different case. His anger issues and his general base of thinking... boy was he going to kill you.

But nothing happened. You sat on your bed waiting for Dean to break down the door to your room and punch the living shit out of you but nothing happened.

***

It was almost seven in the evening when the door to your room finally opened. It was Sam who walked in. "Hey, you hungry?" He asked. And his voice sounded sore.

"Is Dean mad?" You asked.

Sam smiled sadly at you, "What do you think?"

You sighed, "I just... it's hard to explain, Sam. It happened. I had no control over..." you mumbled, trying to get out the defensive speech you had prepared for yourself.

But Sam stopped you with a hand on your shoulder, "Spaghetti?" He smiled.

You sighed and nodded. You hadn't had anything to eat in almost a day and you were hungry alright. You followed him to the kitchen and saw that Dean wasn't there. Nor did you bother to question Sam about him. A part of you was glad to not having to run into Dean. But the other part also knew that the distancing yourself from Dean was only going to mess things up even more.

You sat down with Sam and began to eat. You did notice how Sam hadn't even prepared a plate for Dean though. Maybe they argued over your situation with Crowley, that could explain Sam's sore voice. Arguing with Dean required a lot of yelling. There was no way he was going to listen to anyone unless you forced your voice down his ear.

When you were halfway through your dinner, you heard footsteps and suddenly a very disheveled looking Dean walked into the kitchen.

You stood up from your seat before you could even think about it. Dean didn't even look at you as he made his way to the cabinet under the sink and pulled down a bottle of whiskey. He completely ignored you and Sam as he turned back to leave.

But you crossed his path and stood in front of him. "Dean, I-" you saw your expressions turn from nothing to pure anger. He raised his fist and you braved yourself for the blow but it never came. Sam had stepped in and had pushed Dean back.

"Don't you dare." He warned Dean.

But Dean's eyes remained fixated on you. It had anger, disappointment and distrust running wild from them. There was another emotion hidden behind those eyes that you couldn't see though - jealousy. Why Crowley? Dean pondered. He didn't take pride in himself for being the perfect guy but he at least had enough confidence to consider himself better than Crowley. Why couldn't it have been him? But all Dean knew to channel his emotions was anger. To work it out, he used alcohol. But with you coming in front him all of a sudden irked a nerve in him.

Dean looked away and turned to leave.

"Dean, please..." you couldn't handle it. You would rather have Dean yell at you or punch you in the face than outright ignore you. Dean never ignored you. "Say something, at least."

That caught Dean's attention as he turned to look at you. "Trust me, I don't want to say the words that are coming up in my mind for you right now." He said bitterly.

You gulped. "That's enough, Dean. Go to your room." Sam said before the situation got out of hand.

Dean's eyes turned to Sam for the first time now. "Right, spoil him all you want. Shut me up now but what happens next? It's fucking Crowley today, who knows who he'll run after next. You can tell me to shut up alright but what happens when the world calls him a slut? Huh, what then?"

Your eyes widened at how casually Dean used that word for you. You couldn't believe it. You must've misheard it, you prepared to make yourself believe. But Sam retorted to Dean's comment and that brought you back to the reality.

"Like everyone calls you one?" Your wide eyes turned to Sam who spoke as bitterly to Dean as Dean had spoken about you. "Since when did fucking a bunch of girls get better than fucking guys?"

"Oh, no. Don't get this wrong on me." Dean said and plummeted the bottle of whiskey down on the table. You were surprised it hadn't broken. "He's been sleeping with a fucking demon, Sam! How could you not-" Dean stopped mid sentence and chuckled curtly. "Right. I get it now, you're all about fucking demons yourself. Isn't that right, Sammy?"

You jumped in your spot as Sam lashed forward and hit Dean right on his jaw with an uppercut. You gulped and backed away, tears forming in your eyes. They were fighting because of you...

Tsk tsk tsk... look what you did. You turned your head when you heard a voice in your head but there was nobody else that was there. Your attention was brought back when you heard another blow and this time, Dean had hit Sam back.

Suddenly, you felt a cold brush of air through your whole body and your knees gave out. Your vision blurred a bit and you saw... you weren't sure what you saw. It seemed like a figure standing in the dark with red glowing and scary eyes. But at the same time, you could imagine the figure with bright and beautiful golden wings. The vision made you feel comfort and fright at the same time. You grabbed on the table for support.

Within seconds, the Winchester brothers had noticed you crouching down next to the table and stopped their fight. They rushed over to you to see that your nose had been bleeding.

***

"Just a little more." Lucifer breathed in. "Just a little more... I can almost taste you." He whispered to himself.