4: In The Past

*TONI'S PERSPECTIVE*
I was sat on the sofa on my phone when i heard a faint knock at the door. Who could that be? I originally thought it was Jughead but he usually lets himself in. I groan and make my way to the door. I open it and to my surprise, i see Cheryl standing there. Her eyes are very blood shot like she had been crying and her hands and knees are shaking. Her hair is a mess and she hasn't even made an attempt to put her clothes of properly.

"Cheryl..? What are you doing here?" i ask.

"I'm sorry Toni..." Cheryl begins to speak but i cut her off before she finishes.

"Come in."

She walks through the front door and sits on my sofa, looking at the floor.
"Are you okay?" i ask as i sit next to her.
"Not really." she replies.
"Why? What's happened?"

Cheryl doesn't speak, she continues to stay staring down at the floor and i notice a tear escape her eye. Although this should be weird to me as i thought that Cheryl hated me, for some reason it isn't.

I wipe it away. "Brett?" i ask.
She nods and rolls up the sleeves of her jacket. Her arms are covered in bruised and cuts like she has been grabbed. I gasp at the sight. "I'm gonna fucking kill him." i mumble.

"No you can't say anything to anyone." she cries.
"Well you need to then."
"I know, and i will." her voice is trembly.

We haven't spoken for what seemed like forever but i could still talk to Cheryl like she has always been my best friend. Cheryl looks up. I pull her in for a hug and she holds on tightly to my top and cries into me. Trying to comfort her, i rub her back until she pulls away and looks into my eyes. A feeling fills my body, it is the same feeling i had at the Sisters of Quiet Mercy. Before i knew it, we were leaning in to kiss each other. Our lips connected and we held it for a few seconds before pulling apart. Cheryl turns and lays her head on my shoulder and i rest my head on hers.

"You need to break up with him." i whisper.

"I can't, i'm scared."

"Don't be scared, ill be here with you. I know we haven't spoken for a while but you're still my best friend and i'll do anything for you."

"How do i break up with him?"

"You tell him straight up. Cheryl, you're too good for him and you don't deserve what he did to you."

"He raped me, Toni..." Cheryl whimpers.

I stand up. "He did what? I only thought he grabbed you. Who the fuck does he think he is?" I shout.

"Calm down, its not a big deal."

"Not a big deal? He raped you and you're telling me it's not a big deal. How long has this been going on for?" i shout gesturing to her bruises.

"A few weeks..."

"And you haven't told anyone?"

"No, i was terrified."

"Cheryl if you aren't going to end things with him, then i will."

"No, you don't need to. I will do it."

"When?"

"Tomorrow, ill tell him at school."

I nod and take her hands into mine. "Promise?" i ask.

"Promise." she stands up and pulls me in for a hug. "Thank you Toni, i really should get going now anyway."

"I'll drive you home." i say.

"On what? Your death machine? No thanks"

"Well unless you want to walk" i laugh.

She sighs "Fine."

We both exit the front door of my trailer and walk down the stairs to where my Motorcycle is parked. I grab the helmet from the handle bars and place it over Cheryl's head and buckle it up at the bottom. She climbs on the bike behind me and wraps her arms around my waist. This made me realise how much i really missed her. I set off for Cheryl's house and i get there in no time, i still remember the directions since i used to go almost everyday.

When we arrive, Cheryl takes off her helmet and hands it back to me. "Thank you for everything Toni. I've really missed you, i hope things will go back to how they were" she says.

"They will, once you break up with that monster." i reply.

She nods and hugs me again before she walks up to her house. I watch her as she shuts and locks the huge front door behind her.