10: Sickening News

Note: I have been getting some comments to update this story so I went back and found a few old chapters that I didn't publish. These are old, so sorry if my writing sucks.

*CHERYL'S PERSPECTIVE*
I walked to school once again since Toni didn't answer the phone this morning. I just assumed her phone was dead or she was in too much of a hurry to have time to check it. When i got to school, i made my way to her locker hoping she'd be there. But she wasn't. I decided to ask Jughead where she was.

"Hey Hobo, do you know where Toni is?"

"One, I'm not a Hobo. And two, i don't know where she is. I thought she'd be with you." Jughead replies.

Just then, i started to panic. It wasn't like Toni to miss school or even be late. And if she was staying off school, she could of texted me by now.

"Don't worry Cheryl, she's probably just over slept." Jughead says in attempt to calm me down a bit. But it didn't work.

I pulled out my phone and began to ring Toni.

"Miss Blossom." i head someone say. I look up from my phone to see Mr Weatherbee stood at the end of their corridor. "Come with me." he says.

I didn't ask any questions, i just followed the head teacher all the way to his office. He shut the door tight behind him and sat me down on one of his seats and began to speak.

"I got a call from the hospital this morning. They told me that Toni had been in a bad fire accident last night and that she was rushed to hospital. Just recently, she woke up and requested that they called to let you know where she was." Mr Weatherbee says.

Tears of fear filled my eyes. I couldn't believe what i just heard.

"What? Is she okay? What happened?" i ask.

"Now, those are questions that i don't know the answer to. You'd have to ask the hospital if you would want to know." he replies.

Without saying another word, i stood up and rushed straight out the door and into the corridors. By this point, i was crying uncontrollably and all i needed to do was get to Toni. When i got outside the school building, i realised that i didn't have anything to drive so i decided that i would just run. I set off and ran down the busy roads, not caring what people thought of me as they drove by.

Finally, i got to the hospital where Toni was staying. I ran through the door and to the front desk of the hospital.

"I'm here to see Toni Topaz." i tell the woman that is sat at the desk. I couldn't really speak properly as i was out of breath from running.

"We don't have a Toni on the list." the woman replied.

"Antoinette." i reply back quickly.

The woman scrolls through her computer again before smiling.

"Oh yes, Antoinette Topaz. She's in room 207. Doctor Clarke will take you." she says as she points to a tall, skinny man dressed in a doctors uniform.

"Follow me young lady." The doctor says before leading me off down a long corridor.
We walk for a few minutes before he stops us outside of room 207. He turns to me.

"Your friend has some very severe burns from the fire so the sight could be upsetting. She has also fallen back into a sleeping state and doctors are not sure when she will wake up, so i suggest talking to her as it usually helps wake the patient up. Remember to keep the conversation positive." Doctor Clarke says as he opens the door for me.

I take a deep breath and walk in. I see Toni's sleeping body lying peacefully in the hospital bed. She had many tubes sticking out of her arms and hands and white bandages wrapped around her. The look of her sets of a stream of tears but i quickly wipe them away, i had to stay strong for Toni. I sit in the small arm chair that is placed next to the bed and hold on to Toni's hand.

"I'll leave you to it." The doctor says before slowly closing the door until it shuts.