0.4

[ aila ]

❝good one jihoon haha❞ i laughed nervously, tapping his shoulders and wishing for him to hug me and say everything will be the way it was before.

but he didn't.

he told me to stop talking to him, to stop approaching him, to stop everything. how could i stop? after years of waiting for him to return i couldn't give up just now.

almost everyone was at the cafeteria so i tried looking for him there. i saw him eating at a table alone.

grabbing my lunch, i headed that way, while walking he was looking at me coldly but i didn't let it bother me, even though it really was bothering me.

by the time i reached his table he stood up and bought his empty tray with him. ❝i was hoping you could've waited for me to eat❞ i whispered which made him stop for a while but he continued walking.

it's okay, i thought. i won't give up on him, i'll never.

in the end i was left alone at a table eating lunch by myself, it's not any good but it's not the worst either. all i can do right now is to be patient and wait.

two gangster looking boys stood proudly infront of my table, ❝why you eating alone beautiful why not eat with us instead?❞

❝i prefer to eat alone thank you goodbye.❞ i shoo them but a weakling like me wouldn't be powerful enough to shoo big headed idiots.

one of them tried pulling me up to their table and i just kept on resisting and resisting.

❝she's with me so can you both fuck off and stay away from her❞ the powerful mellifluous voice of jihoon spoke.

both of them clicked their tongue in annoyance and walked away, still trying their best to act cool and not embarassed.

❝tha-❞ just when i was about to show my gratitude, he cut me off, ❝can't you eat faster or better yet can you atleast take care of yourself so i don't have to deal with your bullshit?❞

i froze, i was scared.

❝you could've just let me be.❞

he didn't speak, he didn't know what to say. i assumed that maybe, just maybe he still cares. ❝yeah, next time i'll do that. i don't pity you, nor care about you.❞ he looks opposite to my direction, avoiding to see me.

but why is he still sitting here if he didn't care?