Chapter XVII

George stayed with her that night and lay on the same bed with her, his arms wrapped around her protectively. "I will take care of you," he said rubbing her back gently. Isla gently pushed her body into his, the sheets separating them. For Isla this was comforting however for George who was still taking advantage of her it was a dream come true.  Isla seemed to quiver as she slept, was she ill or was it because she was becoming anxious. 

She awoke in the middle of the night screaming Ross' name at the top of her lungs. George woke up with a start. "Isla?" he asked panicked, "my love come back to bed," he said gently taking her by the hand and pulling her back down onto the bed sheet. 

"No!" She cried and leapt out of the bed. George followed but he under estimated her; Isla had grabbed one of the candelabras from the chest of draws and then swung around striking George as she did. "You dear sir disgust me!"

"Isla, what are you talking about?"

"You. . . You took advantage of me! You paraded around here like you were Ross!" She yelled.

"Isla you don't know what you're saying perhaps you're still sick!" He said quickly.  "I never took advantage of you, I simply was taking care of you. . ." She cut him off.

"To pose as someone I loved and pretended to care for me, it's almost shameless!" I exclaimed. "You are not fit to call yourself a man!" She screeched as tears began to escape her eyes, she reached fingers into her hair and began to pull, she was like a stressed animal, "wait till I tell your family what happened here!" A loud thwack was heard flesh smacking against flesh, Isla had been thrown to the floor due to the sheer power behind it.

"You will do no such thing!" he bellowed. "I will not allow a confused little girl to ruin my family name!" Isla cradled her cheek, now her tears really did begin to flow, adding to her already stained cheek, the red stood out against her pale skin.

"You name is already tarnished George Warleggan, you struck a woman! Any mans name becomes tarnished after such an act," she sobbed pulling herself off the ground with tears still dripping down her face, she stormed outside and stood on the edge of the cliff the full moon bearing down on her, its pure beams shimmering against the clear liquid that poured from her eyes. Her long tresses dancing on the breeze of the coast, the salt air kissing each strand with care. She took a deep breath in, she knew getting upset was the worst thing that could happen to her, it only showed how weak she was and she refused to show how weak she was without Ross. 

Especially not in front of his enemy. "Isla come back inside you will catch a cold," he called to her. Isla looked at him but only walked closer to the edge.