Chapter 33 (extra chapter) : "God dances with the outcast"

LMA FREAKING O, am I the only one who gets like ten different "BDSM 24" Whipping canes" pictures during an image search for "Thin Black Cane"?

|0|0|

Chapter 33:
"God danced with the outcast"

|0|0|

"Where is he!" My aunt screeched one last time before I slowly rose from the shadows, cane in hand. She had latched herself onto Jorge's collar and was shaking him for answers. A few children and a handful of teenagers had stopped to see what had set off my aunt, and since they were all too young to know who I was, they stood silently and stared at the scene unfolding.

Her eyes fix onto me and she goes silent. My uncle who I assume was trying to calm his wife down slowly looks up at me and his mouth opens and closes like a fish caught on a hook

My aunt Alessandra had always been a small women with a big mouth, but now that no sound was coming out of her, she seemed so... weak.

I glance down at Jorge's hands and sure enough, no flowers.

"Don't you know it's bad for business not giving the customer what they want?" I comment slyly. That woke her up from her trance and her dull brown eyes sparkled with distaste.

"You disgrace! You should have just stayed—" Alessandra starts to snap back, but her husband lifts up his hand and she goes silent, still withering under the pressure of her hatred for me.

"It's been 16 years. Why are you back?" He questioned. While his wife was a firecracker, my uncle was typically calm, so calm that sometimes one could mistake it for sloth. He was a tall, broad shouldered man, but he hadn't aged gracefully; his skin had become like leather, sagging around his cheeks and eyes, his hair was balding around the temples and the crown, and he had lost some of his height due to the way his shoulders sagged.

I stop for a moment. Had it been sixteen years? I was sold off to Dante at 14 so I guess it had.

"Because I can," I answer and immediately cringe, god that was the worst comeback of modern history.

"You filth!" Alessandra screeches, "Why haven't you burnt in hell like your disgrace of a mother!"

I stare at her blankly for a second, her grayed black hair had been pinned up into a tight bun, but with all her screaming and frantic movements, lock by lock, the gray hair unravelled.

"Aunt Alessandra, who is he?" one of the teenagers ask from the side lines. Her eyes like those of a mad dog zip to the child and zone in on him. He was a tall lanky boy of about 16, and he resembled me to an odd degree except his hair was pitch black as well as his eyes.

"Leonardo, go to your mother and drag you're friends with you," Alessandra seethed, her eyes refocusing and narrowing on me.

"Aunt Ale--?" Leonardo starts, examining me with eyes brimming with wonder.

"GO!" she snaps like a wolf.

"Don't talk to my cousin that way," I say, my smile crackling maliciously at how easy it was to rile her up. As much as I wanted to avoid confrontation, now that it had been initiated there was no way I'd lose.