Chapter 1

In the main courtyard of the Naval District were all of the girls of the fleet gathered together. The reason they were all called here was that there was apparently an important announcement going to be made.

Up on a podium in the middle of the courtyard was Nagato. She tapped on the microphone and cleared her throat to signal to everyone to quiet down and listen to her.

"Alright everybody, settle down." Nagato said as she waited until she was sure she had everyone's attention. "I've just been told by the Admiral some important news. It seems that today we are going to be expecting a visitor to our Naval District."

As Nagato finished those words, murmurs and whispers came from the crowd along the lines of "What's the big deal about a visitor?"

"But it is not just any normal visitor." Nagato continued. "This person is a kanmusu as well like the rest of us. Now I know that kanmusu coming to our Naval District isn't something new, but this case is special as she is not from around here." This caught the attention of the girls as Nagato said that.

"What do you mean not from around here?" A voice from the crowd asked.

"As in she is not a ship of Japanese origin." Nagato answered. "Some of you might not know this, but countries around the world are starting to get their own Kanmusu as well just like us in order to fight the Abyssal threat. So in a show of solidarity, the Americans will start sending some of their own Kanmusu here to this base in order to assist us."

At the reveal in Nagato's words, the crowd erupted with murmurs and whispers but this time more ecstatic. The main topic of conversation of course being the reveal Nagato just told them of an American ship coming to their Naval District.

With the majority of them being ships of the IJN in the past, the idea of them meeting a USN kanmusu was certainly going to be a perplexing situation.

"The very first one they are sending is set to arrive today. So when she arrives, I expect all of you to treat the visitor with respect as you would any other person. This is important in maintaining our relationship with the Americans and we must be thankful for their support." Nagato said. She knew that this situation was complicated as well but she needed to clarify the importance of it.

"Otherwise, that is all. Dismissed!"

And so, every girl dispersed. Some returned to their daily routines, some started gossiping together about the new kanmusu, and some were anticipating the new arrival.

Out on the main dock of the naval district was Fubuki sitting down. She looked out onto the horizon over the water. After the announcement, she was one of the people that couldn't help but wait for the new visitor. Alongside her were friends Mutsuki and Yuudachi who decided they'd join her.

"So what do you guys think about this?" Fubuki asked her friends as they waited.

"About the American ship-poi?" Yuudachi asked.

Fubuki nodded.

"Well even if she is an American, whoever she is, I just hope that she's nice." Mutsuki piped in.

"You're not worried about the history we've had with them?" Fubuki asked?

"History is in the past! If the Americans are working with us now, surely we can all get along." Mutsuki said.

"Ah, but what if the Americans are mean-poi? After all, they were the ones that won the war." Yuudachi said.

"I'm sure she won't mean. They wouldn't be trying to help us if she were." Fubuki said trying to reassure Yuudachi.